"A Vital Town On The Edge Of The Plains" Chanute by RoscoeGregg
Chanute Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 30 photos
Chanute is one of those rare small town that has worked hard to maintain it,s down town fabric. There are shops other than just antique stores and a few restaurants to choose from. There is a restored hotel and a fabulous train station converted to a museum.
Chanute has done a good job of creating and maintaining the civic parks and monuments. From sculptures downtown to the huge city park on the south side of town they have done a good job.
We have enjoyed visiting the park several times.
- Pros:A Vital small town.
- Cons:It is far from "big sites"
- In a nutshell:An American Classic Town
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Chanute Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Vital Town On The Edge Of The Plains"
- "brdwtchr's new Chanute Page"
- "Chanute, Kansas"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chanute
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Chanute?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chanute
Photos in ChanuteSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 42 reviews, 150 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos