"A Rail And River Town" Council Bluffs by RoscoeGregg
Council Bluffs Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 38 photos
A small American city that has been pass by and overshadowed by it's neibhoring city (Omaha). It has been a pivitol point on the upper end of the navigable portion of the Missouri River.
It is often overlooked as the railhead for the Union Pacific Railroad in1869.
Over the last few years with an influx of taxes from casinos the town has invested in it's infrastructure and things like parks. A good example is the new Bob Kerry pedestrian bridge over the Missouri.
There are some old style restaurants nice parks and best of all nice people.
- Pros:The people here are friendly
- Cons:It is overshadowed by Omaha
- In a nutshell:Not fancy but friendly.
A nice little spot to stop for a light lunch or breakfast. They have nice coffee and the staff was friendly. It is also... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Council Bluffs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Council Bluffs, Iowa"
- "The Historic City of Council Bluffs"
- "A Rail And River Town"
- "Basaic Council Bluffs Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Council Bluffs
- Hotels in Council Bluffs
- Restaurants in Council Bluffs
- Warnings and Dangers in Council Bluffs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Council Bluffs
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Council Bluffs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Council Bluffs
Photos in Council BluffsSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos