"Scraping by and Looking Forward" Fruita by RoscoeGregg
Fruita Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
As you pass through Fruita it would be easy to miss. That would be a shame. Just about the last or first stop on I-70 in Colorado it is a good place to stop off.
Like most small agricultural towns in America it was almost wiped clean during the farm debacle that was the 1970's. It has now sprung back and seems to have a new forward looking vibe.
Aviod the plastic town of multi-national chains found on the south side of the interstate.
On the north side of the interstate you will find a revitalized vintage American downtown. It is full of local businesses. It is a very pleasant surprise.
Pull the car to a stop and stretch your legs. There are places to get something to eat and window shop. The town has a nice museum and lots os fun sculptures along the main drag.
We have stopped here a couple of times and we observed a very inviting and friendly citizenry. There was a cross section of old and new residents and they all seemed to get along well. We were treated in a very friendly way in this town.
- Pros:A nice vital small town
- Cons:It is easy to miss
- In a nutshell:Friendly people and vital local businesses.
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Fruita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fruita, Colorado, home of dinosaurs"
- "Fruita, Colorado"
- "Scraping by and Looking Forward"
- "RBRCHKN's new Fruita Page"
- "Some of the BEST singletrack anywhere!!!"
- "Basaic Fruita Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fruita
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Fruita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fruita
Photos in FruitaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 42 reviews, 150 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos