"A Great Place To Get Away & Unwind" Top 5 Page for this destination Eureka Springs by RoscoeGregg
Eureka Springs Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 745 photos
This little town is like the land that time forgot. The developable land is limited by the topography and was fully developed before big chain hotels. It has always been a tourist economy so it works as a good getaway. It is not a town trying to remake itself but a town that is just what it is. “A place to relax”.
The streets follow the contours of the canyon and are wonderfully unstraight. This makes it feel bigger than it is. It is great for people watching. The local folks blend with the tourists for a great variety.
There are trails through the woods that lead to the top of the surrounding bluffs. The streets are like an Escher drawing. It is great fun to take the stair cases between the levels of the town. It is mall so getting lost is not an issue so do not miss the corners and side streets.
Try to get out early as the town is waking up. The street is uncrowded and cool. The people that live here are very friendly and interesting and this is a great time to see them out getting the day started.
There has been a thriving art community here for decades. Much of the local artists work is available in the many shops. You will find anything from a small handmade bowl to large art pieces.
I will be honest I am not much for shopping but I find many interesting things to look at. I always leave here with some great new ideas.
There is also a thriving music community in Eureka. On most weeks there are lots of places to catch an act or two. Some is excellent.
There are some artists studios located just down valley from town. So do not stop at the apparent end of town at the bottom.
If you like old hotels and good food this is also a great place for you. The town is just jammed with very nice bed and breakfasts. If that path is your cup of tea.
The restaurants are varied and some are very good. You can have a great dining experience here morning noon and night. So plan to get away for a few days with your sweetie and really unwind in Eureka Springs.
A good tip is to remember that this has always been a tourist town. This is why the shops and restaurants tend to be closed on mid-week days instead of the weekends. So plan accordingly.
- Pros:Very Relaxing
- Cons:It is quite busy on some weekends.
- In a nutshell:It is one of the nicest places to take a little break in the Midwestern United States
Take a hike up to the Crescent Hotel and catch the view. There are trails that lead from downtown up the hill to the... more travel advice
If you like book stores this is a fine one. The owner is usually at the counter and helpful. The selection here is... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Eureka Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Old Time Hot Springs Brings You Here"
- "Eureka! Everything Springs to Mind!"
- "A Real Victorian Village"
- ""Eureka!" Springs"
- "A Great Place To Get Away & Unwind"
- "Eureka Springs - 19th Century Victorian Village"
- "Ozark's Victorian Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eureka Springs
- Hotels in Eureka Springs
- Transportation in Eureka Springs
- Nightlife in Eureka Springs
- Restaurants in Eureka Springs
- Shopping in Eureka Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Eureka Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eureka Springs
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Eureka Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eureka Springs
Photos in Eureka SpringsSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos