"Almost too easy to love" Colorado by RoscoeGregg
Colorado Travel Guide: 5,513 reviews and 11,592 photos
The alpine zones and the Four Corners areas are so easy to love that the 1/3rd of the eastern part of Colorado is often completely over looked.
Much of what makes America, America happened in eastern Colorado. It is where many pivotal events of western American history took place.
There is Bents Fort where every mountain man stopped on his way west at least once.
Sand Creek one of the most disturbing massacres of Native Americans took place. It is a very haunting place even today.
Many of the overland trails and early rail roads pass through Colorado. With a little effort you can get off the freeway and step out of the car in the early morning or evening and feel and imagine what thing were like here in the historical past.
There are long stretches of lonely state highway. Seize the chance to be truly alone.
The cities of Denver, Boulder, Pueblo and Colorado Springs have a pretty vital urban culture.
Because many of these cities are on transportation cross roads they have a fair amount of cross cultural influence. This is especially true for the food. If you visit here and do not make the effort to have some tamales while here you should weep bitterly at the loss.
Parts of Boulder Denver and Colorado Springs have some pedestrian friendly areas. This fact makes them fun to visit for us out of toners
- Pros:Easy to love baby!!
- Cons:Folks need wheels to get around.
- In a nutshell:Do not be blinded by the easy beauty.
I know that public transport bites in the U.S. It is a painful fact that at this point the best way to see most of my... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Colorado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLORADO - CHAMPAGNE POWDERLANDS?"
- "Welcome to America's Playground!"
- "A Gallop Through Colorado"
- "The highest state in the nation"
- "Basaic Colorado Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colorado
- Hotels in Colorado
- Transportation in Colorado
- Nightlife in Colorado
- Restaurants in Colorado
- Shopping in Colorado
- Warnings and Dangers in Colorado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colorado
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Colorado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colorado
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 40 reviews, 142 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 24 reviews, 70 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Kansas Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (30)
Top Colorado hotels
- Estes Park Hotels
- 153 Reviews - 341 Photos
- Denver Hotels
- 1012 Reviews - 1781 Photos
- Colorado Springs Hotels
- 517 Reviews - 1023 Photos
- Vail Hotels
- 170 Reviews - 317 Photos
- Glenwood Springs Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Thornton Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Pagosa Springs Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Canon City Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Wheat Ridge Hotels
- 12 Hotels
- Westminster Hotels
- 1 Review - 9 Photos
- Durango Hotels
- 104 Reviews - 181 Photos
- Greeley Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Breckenridge Hotels
- 87 Reviews - 144 Photos
- Telluride Hotels
- 55 Reviews - 78 Photos
- Steamboat Springs Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 167 Photos