"Just When You Thought It Could Not Get Any Better" Florence by RoscoeGregg
Florence Travel Guide: 5,246 reviews and 11,826 photos
What fun change in energy from Venice. The view as we came into town was exciting. The train station was simple to navigate and not nearly a risky as some guidebooks seem to indicate.
The walk to our room was a blur of exciting sites, sounds and smells. We passed a cheese sausage shop that made my jaw drop. We got settled in and headed out.
We passed the San Lorenzo market it was a hoot. Barbara and Bob never seemed to look up so they never saw the Duomo comming. As we stepped into the square they gasped in unison as if they hade been punched. It was quite funny.
We spent the rest of the evening wandering down to the Arno. We had an excelent meal at Guido's and slep like logs.
I LOVE bread. To be frank I found the bread in Venice to be a dissapointment. Florence saved me there was good bread every where. I had some even before Barb ad Bob were awake.
We headed out after some excelent coffee. I have wanted to see the art in florence since I was a kid. Belive me it was no dissapointment. I am not sure how somthing like the David can live up to the hype but it really does.
The most facinating thing for me was watching the effect it has on people the are veiwing it. Absolutely transformative.
We just loved to wander aimlessly through the streets find something to eat and watch people. What a pagent.
- Pros:Easy to get around on foot & art everywhere
- Cons:There is only one.
- In a nutshell:Do not lower your expectations
This little artisinal biscotti baker has become a highlight of our trips to Florence. It is owned and run by a woman... more travel advice
The Mercato Centrale is a wonderland of food. There are vendors of every kind of edible you can imagine. If you are... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 15 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Taxi from airport"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Have A Late Gelatio And Watch People"
- Wrote a Review Top Notch Biscotti about Il Cantucchio Di San Lorenzo in Florence Restaurants
- updated a Florence Travel Page "Just When You Thought It Could Not Get Any Better"
- Commented on one of riorich55's Florence travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Florence
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 42 reviews, 150 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos