"Just When You Thought It Could Not Get Any Better" Florence by RoscoeGregg

Florence Travel Guide: 5,191 reviews and 11,574 photos

Hustle & Bustle

What fun change in energy from Venice. The view as we came into town was exciting. The train station was simple to navigate and not nearly a risky as some guidebooks seem to indicate.

The walk to our room was a blur of exciting sites, sounds and smells. We passed a cheese sausage shop that made my jaw drop. We got settled in and headed out.

We passed the San Lorenzo market it was a hoot. Barbara and Bob never seemed to look up so they never saw the Duomo comming. As we stepped into the square they gasped in unison as if they hade been punched. It was quite funny.

We spent the rest of the evening wandering down to the Arno. We had an excelent meal at Guido's and slep like logs.

Art and Bread Mania

I LOVE bread. To be frank I found the bread in Venice to be a dissapointment. Florence saved me there was good bread every where. I had some even before Barb ad Bob were awake.

We headed out after some excelent coffee. I have wanted to see the art in florence since I was a kid. Belive me it was no dissapointment. I am not sure how somthing like the David can live up to the hype but it really does.

The most facinating thing for me was watching the effect it has on people the are veiwing it. Absolutely transformative.

Wander Eat Wonder Eat Wander Eat Wonder Eat Repeat

We just loved to wander aimlessly through the streets find something to eat and watch people. What a pagent.

• Pros:Easy to get around on foot & art everywhere
  • Cons:There is only one.
  • In a nutshell:Do not lower your expectations
  • Last visit to Florence: Apr 2012
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2012

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

We got to spend one quick day in Florence on our European trip in April/May 2012. Bought a hat at the market. I need to get some more Florence tips up soon.

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2011 at 8:32 AM

If it's all true I want to visit Firenze!!!!

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2011 at 5:07 AM

I've enjoyed reading of your Florence experiences- yes, I'm a Grom fan too, after discovering this chain in Padua. Thanks for sharing!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 6:31 AM

People watching, markets and gelato - all must-do's in Italy. Thanks for the endorsement!

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Hi Randy, enjoy Rome!!! Thanks for your kind comment on my photo. When I first saw it "large" I went "damn, good pic". I love Rome in the morning, the light on the buildings is awesome. Karl

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2009 at 4:58 AM

Early in the morning at the markets and watching people - that's something not mentioned in the guidebooks, but will give us a better view of life than any beautiful building.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Now I need to go to Firenze AGAIN!!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I loved that bread soup you get in Florence.

RoscoeGregg

“Go simple Go Light”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Videos in Florence