"The Most Amazing Place" Ostia Antica by RoscoeGregg
Ostia Antica Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 240 photos
If you always feel held at arms length by museums and love history this is the sight for you. At this sight you can wander around a really get a good look at what it was like to be a common Roman.
While the valuable artifacts are protected you are able to wander through what is left of the city. It allows you to get a good feel and an improved perspective of ancient Roman life.
You just take a local train from the Piramide station in Rome and you are there in less than an hour. It was so inexpensive that i do not even remember how much the ticket was. You take a short walk from the station over the elevated walkway in front of the station and there you are.
This site is loaded with the most amazing things to see. It seemed around every corner there was something wonderful to see. It was not crowded and wandering the "back streets" could easily take a lifetime.
I set aside a day for this and could have easily spent more time.
Some of the highlights for me were the Bakery, The Apartments, The Thermopolia, The Back Streets.
- Pros:Too amazing to miss.
- Cons:So interesting I will have to go back.
- In a nutshell:Easy, fun and amazing! Did I say amazing
The public areas of this site are excellent and worth some time but do not overlook the area between the Forum and the... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Ostia Antica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Let's move to Ostia - Ostia ANTICA !!"
- "Better than Pompeii?"
- "HALF DAY ON OSTIA ANTICA"
- "Landscape + Ruins : A Beautiful Combination"
- "Visit Ostia if you possibly can!"
- "Antic Rome's port"
- "Ostia Antica"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ostia Antica
- Transportation in Ostia Antica
- Restaurants in Ostia Antica
- Shopping in Ostia Antica
- Warnings and Dangers in Ostia Antica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ostia Antica
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ostia Antica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ostia Antica
Photos in Ostia AnticaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 40 reviews, 142 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 24 reviews, 70 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Kansas Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos