My Favorite Pages

Travel Map

King_Golo's Profile Photo
King_Golo Apr 24, 2015 at 4:36 AM

Hello Randy,
that is a superb picture on your homepage - looks exactly like the break room I need right now! I've added you as VT friend because I can relate to your kind of lifestyle. Feel free to have a look at my pages, and maybe add me as well.
Golo

John3554's Profile Photo
John3554 Apr 12, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Traveling between Venice and Florence'. I appreciate your kind assistance, thank you.

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo
    RoscoeGregg Apr 13, 2015 at 8:08 AM

John,

I see there is not much on your profile page so I will assume you have not been to Florence and Venice before.

I have a bit of advice that I wish some one had given me before my first trip to these amazing cities.

The moment you exit from the Santa Lucia station to over look the grand canal for the first time is amazing so allow a bit of time to drink it in.

In Venice the streets are a bit higgly piggly. It is easy to find your way by looking for the yellow arrow signs painted on the buildings. They tell you the way to a major site. So pick a major site near where you want to go. Follow the signs there and then work out the last little bit with a map. I spent much of my first visit to Venice looking down at a map.

Try to get out early and spend at least one evening out late in Venice. The crowds are gone and the light is amazing.

As you arrive in Florence from the north try to sit on the left side of the train as you face forward. this will allow you to see Brunelleschi's Dome rise before you as you roll into town.

There is a artisinal biscotti shop near the church of San Lorenzo. You might want to look it up. Pretty nice.

Have a super trip and feel free to ask me any questions I am glad to help.

Happy Trails,
    Randy

• John3554's Profile Photo
    John3554 Apr 13, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Roscoe: Thanks for the tips. We've been to both cities but it was 20 years ago and I'm more than happy to receive ideas. Thanks again, John

Basaic's Profile Photo
Basaic Mar 21, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Happy birthday, Randy!

Daja123's Profile Photo
Daja123 Mar 21, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Happy Birthday Randy! Greetings from Slovenia! :-)

mili_143's Profile Photo
mili_143 Mar 21, 2015 at 9:21 AM

Wish you many many happy returns of the day dear friend!

Dymphna1's Profile Photo
Dymphna1 Mar 21, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Happy Birthday

goodfish's Profile Photo
goodfish Mar 21, 2015 at 6:52 AM

Randy is another year wiser! Happy, happy birthday!!!!

Trekki's Profile Photo
Trekki Mar 21, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Happy happy birthday Randy :-))) Tons of hugs and smiles from here :-)

rosata's Profile Photo
rosata Mar 21, 2015 at 2:35 AM

Wishing you a Happy Birthday, Randy!

leics's Profile Photo