"Charlottetown Prince Edward Island" Charlottetown by Simonneeddy
Charlottetown Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 217 photos
visit to P.E.I on June 17th, 2001 (for the day from Shediac) was similar to the June 2000 trip as we also were in time for the cook out at Charlottetown and I got lots of pictures which follow.---------------- Before they built this bridge the only way to get to Prince Edward Island was by FERRY BOAT. (IT IS KNOWN AS THE CONFEDERATION BRIDGE TO PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND). We crossed here on Sunday afternoon June 18th 2000. Cost return $35.00 Canadian. We drove straight to Charlottetown waterfront and parked our car and took the bike and walking path to see the waterfront. We heard music in the distance and when we approached we saw that there was a stage set up with musicians playing and huge tents set up as well. They had a BBQ or COOK OUT going on and were raising money for the "HEART FUND". We had a meal consisting of a huge BAKED POTATO ( they grow them there and it is their biggest export) and Some BBQ ribs. A great meal for $5.00.WE drove around the city and saw the sites then
we returned to our rented cottage at Shediac Nova Scotia saying we would be back next year for a longer visit and tour of the Island.
Pro's: "Nice town on sea shore"
- Pros:Great place to visit on sea shore
- In a nutshell:Loved it
More of the COOK OUT. There was also a stage and music and dancers. more travel advice
Picture of Simonne taken inside the welcome centre June 17th, 2001. more travel advice
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Charlottetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where I grew up"
- "One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen."
- "A small city with a big, big history."
- "Cabana Boy's Charlottetown Page"
- "A Wintery Weekend Road Trip to Charlottetown"
- "Charlottetown Prince Edward Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Charlottetown
- Hotels in Charlottetown
- Transportation in Charlottetown
- Nightlife in Charlottetown
- Restaurants in Charlottetown
- Shopping in Charlottetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Charlottetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Charlottetown
- 19 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Charlottetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Charlottetown
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues