"Simonneeddy's new Chicoutimi and VILLE DE LA BAIE" Chicoutimi by Simonneeddy
Chicoutimi Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 50 photos
VISIT 'THE LITTLE WHITE HOUSE' that survived the flood of water that took everything in its path 'past and around' this house, cars, boats,trees, houses in pieces, furniture etc. All was shown on TV as it was happening and everyone prayed for the little white house to resist and it did. Today it is in the middle of a beautiful park erected in its honour (in the centre of town) and in rememberance of the flood. This is right beside the 'Sacred Heart Church' which also was spared ( picture to follow).In the church basement they show a video of the flood for a small fee. One must remember that there were houses beside the little house. The addresses of those houses are carved in the park driveway in rememberance. Zoom in on the picture to see the little white house that survived and the ones that did not ( They are still there in the picture.) It is really hard to beleive that it was able to survive. ' A REAL MIRACLE'
After visiting this site we went to the river park and walked along the board walk to the Old Port and Marina a beautiful modern park and bike path with a huge fountain in the river beside the park. Worth a visit. It is also a bike path.
IN THE GREAT FLOOD OF JULY 17th TO 21st 1996 all this area was flooded. If you look closely you will see "THE LITTLE WHITE HOUSE" (NEAR THE CHURCH) Right click and "ZOOM IN" TO ENLARGE. It survived the other buildings around it were destroyed or removed.There is a big plant and 2 other houses between it and the church in this picture. They are no longer there'They were destroyed and had to be torn down. If you look at the picture of THE LITTLE WHITE HOUSE which follows YOU WILL SEE THAT IT IS A COMMERATIVE PARK NOW.
- Pros:Plenty to see and visit here
- In a nutshell:We spent a few days and had fun
Everyone on the boat is looking up at the 'STATUE OF THE VIRGIN MARY'.The Statue is a tourist attraction in the area and... more travel advice
LA BAIE DES HA! HA! THE STATUE OF NOTRE -DAME DU SAGUENAY. THE STATUE THE PEOPLE IN THE BOAT ARE LOOKING UP AT. more travel advice
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Chicoutimi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whales watching in Tadoussac"
- "CHARLEVOIX - SAGUENAY - LAC ST-JEAN"
- "Simonneeddy's new Chicoutimi and VILLE DE LA BAIE"
- "Chicoutimi - cruises, shopping and good people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicoutimi
- Hotels in Chicoutimi
- Transportation in Chicoutimi
- Nightlife in Chicoutimi
- Restaurants in Chicoutimi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicoutimi
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Chicoutimi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicoutimi
Photos in ChicoutimiSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
Latest Chicoutimi hotel reviews
- Comfort Inn Chicoutimi
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013