"Joliette Quebec" Joliette by Simonneeddy
Joliette Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 156 photos
Joliette is located 45 miles north east of Montreal via highway 40 and then 331
It is made up of several municipalities, St. Charles Borromee and Notre-Dame-des-Prairies and Joliette.
IT is on the ASSUMPTION RIVER and has a huge park, football fields, bike and walking path along the river in the heart of town and behind the College and Cathedral.
This city is in the heart of a tourist area. From here you can go into the mountains in 10 minutes and see some great scenery and the hundreds of lakes and Cottages on them. Great boating, fishing,hunting, swimming, bike paths and walking trails.
In winter a 6 KM. skating rink exists on the Assumption river which passes through the center of town. .
In summer we have a world class AMPHITHEATER with artists from all over performing as well as symphony orchestras. We have a great playhouse called " Le Salle Brunel" where plays are shown or famous singers dancers etc, (Example Celine Dion played here when she was starting out. I saw her and predicted she would go far to my wife)
Lots of retired people now living it up here as well and more coming every day. A huge housing boom is in progress. Excellent restaurants. People come from all around to shop and eat here. SEARS has opened a new SUPER STORE here also WALLMART has opened a huge new center. A new SUPER C grocery store as well all on the same street as the SHOPPING CENTER ( FIRESTONE BLVD)
We have a farmers market in the heart of town, a Cathedral. a pre- University school and a Museum.
Bridgestone Firestone have a huge tire manufacturing plant here with workers around the clock 7 days a week and they are going to enlarge it as well.
New houses, condominiums and 4 plex apartments ( very modern style ) are being built in many areas and very few empty lots are to be had.
It is a BOOM TOWN..
A house built in 1847 now a historic monument and has been used as a culturel site with flower gardens and even a vegetable garden. FREE access
- Pros:Excellent town to retire to. Lots of new CONDOS and Houses
- Cons:Most people speak French only here.
- In a nutshell:A great town
They do not clean the path in winter but make paths to walk along the skating rink on the river Walking on the river as... more travel advice
Putting on skates to skate on the river, warming up or snacking. more travel advice
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Joliette Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Joliette
- Hotels in Joliette
- Nightlife in Joliette
- Restaurants in Joliette
- Shopping in Joliette
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Joliette
- 40 Reviews
- 138 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Joliette?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Joliette
Photos in JolietteSee All Photos (138)
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues