"MARIEVILLE AND ROUGEMONT" Marieville by Simonneeddy
Marieville Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 41 photos
A n exotic adventure. A farm open to the public from May to October to make you discover during a 1 hour tour the marvelous world of the Ostridge.
WE took a bus tour from Joliette on OCT.7th to visit both Marieville and Rougemont.
Since there is no page for Rougemont I have inserted it here Please visit the travelogues as well below.
To start up this farm it cost $80000.00 to bring the male Jack (picture) and 2 females to Canada from Zimbabwe in Africa.. A huge gamble as who knows what could happen.
Fortunately all went well and today it is a thriving business for the owners Mr. and Mrs. Michel Moiseux
WEB SITE --www.autruchedoree.com
In the Nursery you can see eggs in the incubator and ready to open and babies in the first weeks of life. In the hot houses you can see the fast growth of these magnificent birds. You can approach and even touch them.
There is no page for Rougemont and since our tour bus include a visit to the "CIDRERIE Michel Jodoin" I have included it here and in the travelogues below.
- Pros:An excellent informative tour of the Ostridge farm
- Cons:You must reserve
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Farm country and excellent Ostridge farm and Restaurant
In this shop they sell apples, home made marmalades and ketchup etc. more travel advice
A row of apple trees among the 2000 in this orchard. more travel advice
Written Jul 28, 2003
Written Dec 3, 2002
Cider Distillery Continued
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Marieville Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Marieville
- Transportation in Marieville
- Restaurants in Marieville
- Shopping in Marieville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marieville
- 24 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Marieville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marieville
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues