"Manoir Rouville-Campbell" Mont-Saint-Hilaire by Simonneeddy
Mont-Saint-Hilaire Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos
On the river side of the manoir are beautiful grounds with flagstone walks and many flowering bushes and trees as well as flower beds and bench's. There is also a path to the river and a boat dock with benches near by to sit in the shade and watch the boats pass on the river and relax.
SEE TRAVELOGUES FOR LOTS OF PICTURES
View as you arrive by the front entrance.
IN 1832 RÉNE HERTEL DE ROUVILLE constructed a manoir on this site.
He ceded to Major Thomas Edmund campbell in 1844 as he went bankrupt.
In 1850 Campbell modified considerably the old residence.
It was abandoned in 1956.
In 1969 the sculptor Jordi Bonet bought it as a residence and his work shop.
In 1977 it was declared a historic monument.
In 1987 it is converted into a Deluxe Hotel ( Mr. and Mrs Daigle)
In 1996 the popular humorist YVON DESCHAMPS bought it and gives shows there as well as meals and lodging.
2 photos merged to show the mountains behind these beautiful homes
- Pros:A beautiful town on t5he Richelieu River
- In a nutshell:We had a great day there
Excellent service, dining room and decor. We had Chicken breast more travel advice
Written Aug 4, 2005
Written Aug 4, 2005
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Mont-Saint-Hilaire Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mont-Saint-Hilaire
- Hotels in Mont-Saint-Hilaire
- Restaurants in Mont-Saint-Hilaire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mont-Saint-Hilaire
- 2 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Mont-Saint-Hilaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues