"Seniors Bus tour of the Island" Île d' Orléans by Simonneeddy
Île d' Orléans Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 43 photos
One of many.
The north shore is less flat and more populated with homes.
It is opnly a few miles away but the first residence here had to get there by canoe or sailboat against the 8 mile per hour curent of the st. Lawrence River and the 4 mile per hour tide. They had to choose the right time to travel as the winds here can reach 100KM. per hour. as they did omn May 22nd 2005
There is an excellent winery here which we visited and tasted the wines.
Due to the warm air currents in the fall they make the wine in OCTOBER when the grapes are sweet. They are o0n the noprth shore so do not get the high winds of the south shore.
- Pros:Great tourist spot.. Tours of the Island available
- In a nutshell:A very historic Island in the History of Quebec and Canada
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Île d' Orléans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tranquil Ile d'Orleans"
- "Ile d'Orleans"
- "Berceau de Nouvelle France"
- "Seniors Bus tour of the Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Île d' Orléans
- Transportation in Île d' Orléans
- Restaurants in Île d' Orléans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Île d' Orléans
- 0 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Île d' Orléans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île d' Orléans
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues