"Trois Rivieres" Trois-Rivières by Simonneeddy
Trois-Rivières Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 112 photos
We Passed under this bridge and turned back. In the picture you see the grain elevators and a ship being unloaded .The other one is loading PAPER .-------WE did a tour of the City by bus and toured the harbor also the Saint- Maurice River on a tour boat "LE DRAVEUR" on June 10th , 2003. The boat is a modern "CATAMARAN" and can navigate in 3 feet of water loaded. It's propellers can be raised hydraulically. See Travelogues below.--------------------------------------------I drive through here at least once a month on my way to Visit my mother-in-law (90 years old) who lives near Quebec City. We pass over this huge bridge to the south shore of the St. Lawrence River and go to highway 20 from 40.
This is a picture of 'Harbor Front in Trois Rivieres. it is situated downtown on Rue Du Fleuve. The terraces are the City's pride. They offer a wonderful view of the St. Lawrence River and The LAVIOLETTE BRIDGE ( see it in the background) . (Last winter due to heavy rain which turned to ice this bridge had to be closed and hundreds and hundreds of people could not go to work as huge chunks of ice kept falling.)--------------- Besides its museum on the pulp and paper industry the park offers a restaurant, park and outdoor stage where many cultural activities are held during the summer months. Trois-Rivieres is 60 miles from Joliette where I live and I often pass through there to go to St. Croix or Laurier Station and Quebec City AND The Maritime Provinces. It is the closest place to take a bridge to go across the ST. Lawrence River. The other alternative is to go into Montreal ( which would be longer) and take the tunnel on Route 20 or one of the 3 bridges there to the South Shore of the river and then to route 20. One other option is to take a FERRY Boat from Berthierville to Sorrel. Many people use this to get to work from their home on the South shore
Trois Rivieres, CITY OF HISTORY Founded as a major fur trading post in 1634, Trois Rivieres owes its development to the establishment of industries based on iron ore and lumber. The Forges du St. Maurice, the first iron industry in Canada, was the economic hub of the Mauricie region for over 50 years .
We were 80 Seniors ( 2 bus loads) on our way to take a harbor tour.
We toured the harbor and then went up the Saint- Maurice River to the rapids (about 4 miles up river)
- Pros:Good shopping Centers and restaurants here.
- Cons:Low employment but improving now
- In a nutshell:A lot of old family homes in the old parts. Outside stairways.
This is a map of Mauricie County showing where Trois Rivieres is. more travel advice
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Trois-Rivières Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nekochat's new Trois-Rivieres Page"
- "Trois Rivieres"
- "Not just the home of the Star Wars Kid"
- "Trois Rivieres Grand Prix"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trois-Rivières
- Hotels in Trois-Rivières
- Transportation in Trois-Rivières
- Restaurants in Trois-Rivières
- Warnings and Dangers in Trois-Rivières
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trois-Rivières
- 29 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Trois-Rivières?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trois-Rivières
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
Latest Trois-Rivières hotel reviews
- Delta Trois-Rivieres
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013