"TOWN OF WABUSH" Wabush by Simonneeddy
Wabush Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 90 photos
600 KM. by highway 389 from Baie Comeau. The road is only paved half-way the rest is dirt in fair condition. Used a lot by tourists , Tour bus,fishermen, hunters, loggers. and transport trucks. Population 2018. THE TOWN was developed to house the employees of Wabush Mines (35 years here). Over the years the town has become a solid community with residents who feel at home. ( 2 open pit mines here)
In the early days the men lived in bunkhouses and ate in a cafeteria that served as many as 4000 workers at one time
The male was a local guide the other our tour guide from Trois Rivieres
- Pros:Small town Historical. Great fishing, hunting and nature trail area.
- In a nutshell:A visit on a bus tour of the area is interesting
Provincial map showing boat, car etc. routes more travel advice
Simonneeddy's Related Pages
Wabush Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wabush - Labrador City - Churchill Falls"
- "A Trip to Labrador & Northern Quebec"
- "TOWN OF WABUSH"
- "Hitchhiking from Quebec to Labrador Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wabush
- Hotels in Wabush
- Transportation in Wabush
- Nightlife in Wabush
- Restaurants in Wabush
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wabush
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Wabush?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wabush
Top 10 Pages
- Joliette Intro, 40 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 61 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Trois-Rivières Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint-Jean-de-Matha Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues