"Mostar" Mostar by Biljana
Mostar Travel Guide: 678 reviews and 1,907 photos
The one and only landmark of Mostar known to most people is Stari Most. This picture was taken at the end of June 2004 exactly a month prior to the opening of Stari Most. As can be seen all the work was finished but visitors were not given access to the bridge until it officially opened. The opening ceremonies took place on July 23rd, 2004.
This is a picture from the late 90's. Here you can see what the city looked like shortly after the war ended. The pedestrian bridge shown in the photo was used for many years in place of Stari Most. With the reconstruction of the Stari Most the pedestrian bridge was dismentaled.
- Pros:The unique emerald Neretva river!
- Cons:Ethnic divisions within the city.
- In a nutshell:The true gem of Hercegovina!
In my opinion this is one of the loveliest buildings in Mostar. It is the home to Mostarska Gimanzija (Mostar Lycee).... more travel advice
Monolithic stone grave monuments, called stecci (sing. stecak), are very impressive standing tombstones. Some of them... more travel advice
Biljana's Related Pages
Mostar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mostar - Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "The heart of Herzegovina"
- "Mostar - A bridge between east and west"
- "Healing in Mostar"
- "Mostar again"
- "Mostar, the pearl of Herzegovina"
- "Ancient Mostar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mostar
- Hotels in Mostar
- Transportation in Mostar
- Nightlife in Mostar
- Restaurants in Mostar
- Shopping in Mostar
- Warnings and Dangers in Mostar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mostar
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Mostar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mostar
Photos in MostarSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 93 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 41 reviews, 32 photos
- Stolac Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Montreal Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kragujevac Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mostar Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Portland Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Kotor Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trebinje Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos