"The home of the great waterfalls !" Top 5 Page for this destination Krimml by jojes
Krimml Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 218 photos
Krimml is a lovely little mountain town located in the middle of the Hohe Tauern National Park and the Zillertal Arena.
Krimml lies at an altitude of 1.067 m above sea level.
There were 842 people living there on january 1st 2012.
Krimml is known for it's beneficial effect on ones health. Several scientific studies have proven that in the air around the falls there's a very high concentration of negative air ions. This has a positive effect on everyone suffering from respiratory diseases.
For more general info on Krimml, have a look at this website.
The most famous attraction in Krimml are without a doubt the huge waterfalls.
These falls are 'created' by the river Krimmler Ache and end up eventually in the Salzach river.
Also very lovely is the Krimmler Achental (the Krimml Achen Valley). You can reach it by walking the scenic path next to the waterfalls.
This path is asphalted, but can get a little steep at some points. It's a quite broad path that doesn't get dangerous anywhere.
On some of our visits I've seen people pushing strollers up ... doable but I wouldn't advise it, at least not all the way up ... not if you still want to feel your arms and legs after your walk ... :-)
Right in front of the waterfalls is WasserWunderWelt (Wonder World of Water).
This is a fantastic visit with kids, on a rainy day but always better on a sunny day.
The WWW was closed until the end of June 2013 due to reorganisation! - the park reopened on june 29 2013. Curious to see how it all turned out after re-building ... We'll know soon enough ...
More info about this in my tips !
This is a sign on the path to the lower waterfall ... one of the best I've ever seen !
Freely translated :
The park WasserWunderWelt is an good combination of education and fun. In the House of water (main picture - left... more travel advice
The middle (= mittlerer) waterfall takes a 100 metres dive from Schönangerlboden. When walking up the scenic path,... more travel advice
jojes' Related Pages
Krimml Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krimml - Highest Waterfalls In Austria"
- "Austria's Highest Water Fall"
- "Anniversary in Krimml"
- "The home of the great waterfalls !"
- "Europe's largest waterfall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krimml
- Hotels in Krimml
- Transportation in Krimml
- Nightlife in Krimml
- Restaurants in Krimml
- Shopping in Krimml
- Warnings and Dangers in Krimml
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krimml
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Krimml?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krimml
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Travelling virtually."
- updated a Krimml Travel Page "The home of the great waterfalls !"
- Commented on one of jojes's Krimml tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "The home of the great waterfalls !"
- Uploaded a Video to Krimml
- Wrote a Review WasserWunderWelt (Wonder World of Water) in Krimml Things to Do
Photos in KrimmlSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 25 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wattens Intro, 21 reviews, 82 photos
- Ferleiten Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos
- Werfen Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Reykjavík Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Hinterglemm Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leogang Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hafnarfjörður Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Akureyri Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos
- Mauterndorf Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue