"Wattens - Home of Kristallwelten" Top 5 Page for this destination Wattens by jojes

Wattens Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 250 photos

The Swarovski Kristallwelten

Swarovski Kristallwelten is a really nice visit for everyone who likes these shiny stones.
We usually keep it as a "rainy day" visit.

What amazes me is that the structure is inside the hill, where a green giant welcomes you to.

A lot of people think they can visit the Swarovski ateliers, but this is not true. Kristallwelten is kind of like a museum where every piece exhibited is decorated with/made of crystal.
After Schönnbrunn in Vienna, this is the second most visited museum in Austria.

Brian Eno, Andre Heller, Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, Salvador Dali ... these are only a few names of the featured artists.

Enjoy your visit, I know I always do !

You can find the details of Kristallwelten in my first tip Kristallwelten - the giant.

• Last visit to Wattens: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated May 16, 2012

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2015 at 5:10 AM

Got to say I had never heard of this place even though it is Austria's second most visited museum . Thank You for sharing you visit on VT.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2015 at 4:56 AM

Sounds excellent..love Chagall and the other artists you've mentioned. Plus love swarovski. We did visit a place in Austria for Swarovski in 2000 but doesn't sound as good as this for sure!

• jojes's Profile Photo
      Aug 4, 2015 at 5:48 AM

Curious to see how it looks like now ... It just re-opened in may after an extension of the exhibits.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2015 at 2:27 PM

What an amazing place, thanks for sharing! I adore Swarovski crystals, must visit this place soon!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Beautiful! I never knew there was a place like this in Austria.

• jojes's Profile Photo
      Apr 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM

It makes for a really nice visit. We haven't been there since 2010, so I guess there will be some rooms that have changed. They're changing parts of the exhibits all the time, so it's always nice to re-visit.
      Thanks for visiting and rating Don!

jojes Visits Here Frequently!

jojes

“If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere (~Vincent Van Gogh~)”

Badges & Stats in Wattens

Have you been to Wattens?

Latest Activity in Wattens