"One day trip to Greece" Thessaloniki by julia79

Thessaloniki Travel Guide: 546 reviews and 1,542 photos

The decision & the weather

It was just a one day trip to Greece. Greece is near Bulgaria, so we decided it's not a problem to go there only for a day by car. We had to travel approximately 4 hours (in one direction). It was a funny trip, although a little tiring. The temperature was very high in Greece-about 36 C, and the difference between the temperature in Bulgaria and this in Greece make you feel tired. It was really very strange because after the heat in Greece there was an awful storm in Bulgaria while we were travelling back. It was really terrible because the rain was heavy and we could hardly see the way.

The city

The city is very nice. We were there in Saturday, but the traffic was very intensive. The only one problem was there are no signs in English, so we had to ask if we can leave the car on the street or we have to pay for a parking. We also couldn't find the right way to the city centre, so we did it by chance.

The street near the sea

This street is very nice. You can just walk or sit there and have a drink. People are very polite. I really liked this place although I didn't have enough time to walk and see enough things there.

• Pros:Nice bars and restaurants, places to walk
  • Cons:Nothing in English
  • Last visit to Thessaloniki: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jul 1, 2009

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I agree, it is a nice town. We went there with a tour. The city is a bit difficult to navigate on your own. Unfortunately, our guide skipped a lot of interesting sites, and rushed us a lot. I would rather just go by myself.It was like 100 degrees when we were there, as well. I ended up taking my shirt off, because it was just so hot.My only bad experience I had, was getting scamed out of 2 Euros, by a gypsy.

I agree, the traffic was pretty bad, and the pedestrian crossings are retarded. It only gives you 5 seconds to cross.

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Good u liked Thess@loniki! The traffick is an enormous problem that get worse in winter months... Hope you ll come back again :-))

julia79

“Travel and love :)”

Badges & Stats in Thessaloniki

Have you been to Thessaloniki?

Latest Activity in Thessaloniki