"Tryavna-my Paradise!" Tryavna by julia79
Tryavna Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 89 photos
You can't imagine-the time stopped there hundreds of years ago. This was my first thought when I first visited this place. Narrow and paved streets, old houses and museums, houses of interesting and famous people from the past. You can walk there without needing a car never in your life. People are very good and polite, they'll always help you to find the right destination and answer all your questions. This is a town of a history-each building you see is connected with the past. There are 140 cultural monuments, museums, expositions.
It is so quiet and calm place with such nice people! The small hotels give you opportunity to feel them like your home and wish to stay there to the end of your life.
When I said the time stopped there, I was not joking with you. People there have different crafts and they work it for years. Maybe their grandparents did the same and earned money the same way they do it now. The street of the crafts proves it-you can see different goods and things, souvenirs, wooden things and sweets.
Museums and historical houses are very beautiful and interesting, you can learn some facts from the history.
I was informed that the town is rich-this is not common for most of Bulgarian towns and cities because each town has its' unsolved problems. It seems that the municipality earns enough money from tourists and keeps the town clean and beautiful. The old houses are restored and streets are clean.
Tryavna is one of the one hundred tourist destinations of Bulgaria. It is famous with the Renaissance architecture and the Tryavna icon-painting school. It is also famous with the clock tower, built in 1814.
You can always find a cheap and nice hotel there. The food is very good and you can taste some traditional meals.
You can see more pictures here: http://www.pbase.com/ngruev/tryavna
- Pros:Architecture, hotels, people, history
- Cons:No negatives.
- In a nutshell:I'll always go back there again:)
The crafts street in Tryavna is famous with the little workshops. People there make wooden things, dishes, different... more travel advice
I visited this hotel several times. In fact, I liked it the first time I was there and I didn't change it the next times... more travel advice
julia79's Related Pages
Tryavna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Power To The People!"
- "Tryavna-my Paradise!"
- "Tryavna - little gemtown"
- "Lovely small town"
- "Directly from the Source"
- "Tryavna - "Hidden treasure""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tryavna
- Hotels in Tryavna
- Transportation in Tryavna
- Nightlife in Tryavna
- Restaurants in Tryavna
- Shopping in Tryavna
- See All...
Explore the World
- Thiruvananthapuram Hotels
- Pulau Natuna Besar Hotels
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Botany Bay Island Hotels
- San Miguel de Cozumel
- Barberino di Mugello
- Malabar Farm State Park Hotels
- Khalapur Hotels
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tryavna
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tryavna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tryavna
Photos in TryavnaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 80 photos
- Tryavna Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Pernik Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belitsa Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Brighton Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Rottingdean Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Bozhentsi Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Arbanasi Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Budapest Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos