"Grand Palace" Bangkok by tenluk
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,679 reviews and 24,169 photos
Grand palace is a complex of building that served as the official residence of the King of Thailand from 18th century. The Palace is rectangular shaped with west side next to the river and east side is the royal temples. This place is using for many royal rituals and ceremonies.
Long trousers are required when entering the Wat and should take off their shoes as to respect to Buddha.
I can say that Grand Palace is well maintain , very clean, and must visit if we come to Bangkok. In our visited, we stayed in Baiyoke Sky hotel and took taxi to Grand Palace about 200 Baht then we were also walking to visit Wat Pho which was very close to Grand Palace and having lunch in that area in the street food vendors trying its Pad Thai and Kao Pad my family favourite meal in Thai. From the Wat we would like to see the Night market Suan Lum then next transportation we have to use was taxi river from the Tha Tien pier ( the pier that closed with the Grand Palace) . what is unique when we were in the taxi river is how the lady punch the tickets we bought. It was actually the way we saw in the train transportation in my country.
We had arrived in Saphan Thaksin pier then got off and change to the Sky Train
we saw the bad traffic in Bangkok ..but I was exciting could enjoy the view of the colorful taxi in Bangkok . Nice color, right...
Something diiferent in the traffic jam.. caused we were not in rush and we were in holiday.. then that view was okay.
tenluk's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 39 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Kowloon Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Ubud Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Japan Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Tianzishan Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Lombok Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gili Trawangan Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos