"Med Cruise to Turkey" Turkey by junecorlett
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,319 reviews and 69,494 photos
Turkey....Kusadasi to be specific is very clean. We loved our stopover here. Our cruise ship was "The Splendour of the Seas" owned by "Royal Caribbean Liners"
Kusadasi was created by the Ionians in the 11th century B.C and later expanded by the Romans. It is now considered one of the grandest sites in the ancient world.
Being on a cruise ship there is no need for hotel accomodation.
The Turkish people in this port city are friendly and helpful.
English is "broken", but we were understood when looking for particular shops or a boat to take us out to snorkel.
An afternoon stroll past the Pier, for a cup of tea, coffee or a refreshing cold beer, then seat yourself on a lounger and watch the tropical fish in the water.
This clearly was not the site to snorkel. We hired a boat and skipper to take us out of the pier. Not much to be seen. Better to go to deeper waters.
Situated near the Port of Kusadasi, we found this little ceramics shop. I like to buy an item in every country we... more travel advice
Kusadasi is where the Med Cruise-ships come into to dock for the day. It is quite an awesome sight to see. About 5000... more travel advice
junecorlett's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swaziland Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Turkey Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Deneysville Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Alaska Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
Top Turkey hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Antalya Hotels
- 734 Reviews - 2038 Photos
- Marmaris Hotels
- 622 Reviews - 1132 Photos
- Bodrum Hotels
- 705 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Kusadasi Hotels
- 306 Reviews - 836 Photos
- Belek Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Icmeler Hotels
- 233 Reviews - 451 Photos
- Side Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 358 Photos
- Fethiye Hotels
- 352 Reviews - 875 Photos
- Pamukkale Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 953 Photos
- Alanya Hotels
- 423 Reviews - 901 Photos
- Izmir Hotels
- 453 Reviews - 1275 Photos
- Kemer Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 168 Photos
- Hisaronu Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Kalkan Hotels
- 149 Reviews - 378 Photos