"Eris - the Dark Planet :)" erikute's Profile

Short stop in Prague

I'm sure everyone is aware of flight prices around holidays, so i decided to travel back home to Lithuania by bus. Moreover, it's almost time to move out of Hungary and my luggage would be too heavy for the plane so bus was really a cheap option, and the cheapest route happened to be through Prague, where my friend is studying by erasmus as well. We (me and Irma) arrived to Prague in the evening and my friend who studies there (Rapolas) and his brother hepled us with the luggage to the students' dorm where Rapolas was living. That very evening we cooked Lithuanian dinner for whole floor and met some great Latvian, Russian and Austrialian people over Czeck beer. Later on we found a guitar and continued evening with some Lithuanian songs and much of wine. Next day we had a quick look at Prague and believe me quick look is not enough as it is really one of the most romantic and beautiful cities I have seen so far! :) The streets and building are so artistic, and the paving in the old town is all from the smallest stone bricks which was amusing to me. Plus to its everyday beauty, city was also dressed for Christmas with markets on the streets offering souvenirs, snacks and hot wine ... I must return there some day with more time to enjoy this great place .... and for sure without all my life packed in suitcase that i dragged 5 floors down, then to bus, then to tram, then 2 metros and back up to bus station :DDD ... and bus for 22 hours to finally get back home for Christmas :)

Family reunion in Berlin

My family back home - mom, sister and 2 brothers were planning trip to Berlin and bought tickets in early summer, as i already knew i will be in Hungary at the time they bought tickets, i had to plan my own trip to Berlin to meet them there. Trip was not easy and started with 3 buses to get to Bratislava airport, then flight to Frankfurt with the night on the plastic chair and early morning flight to Berlin. Train and 2 metros later i was having muffins and coffee with my folks. Unfortunately, my folks are not as interested in traveling as i am, and shopping was the main goal on their agenda so for 2 days i was along for the ride nagging them ... politely at first :) Despite that, there was only a day left for real tourism and all we managed to really see was Berlin wall and Reichstag, I'm not mad though, as we had really great time all together again, plus its hard to find activities that satisfies everyone given the age range in the family (little brother is only 12), therefore i had to sacrifice my hunger for really seeing what Berlin is all about and join my folks to Legoland :DDD

Erasmus semester in Gyor - Hungary

Originally i am from green and rainy Lithuania but have been given a chance to study abroad for a semester and for some unknown reason i chose Hungary which is (in my mind) a kind of controversial country :D ok ok maybe not so much the country as the town itself. The town of Gyor and university that i am studying (still cant spell it correctly so wont try :D ) are not international, life and studies for international students are kind of extreme :) not many poeple talk english in such town as Gyor, including, unfortunately, part of the lecturers, therefore shopping, eating out, looking for help or sending a post card becomes really difficult tasks :) Anyways i spent 3 months there so far and despite all the mentioned, had a really special and valuable experience, found new friends, learned to communicate without any language, drink hungarian beer, party on wednesdays, deal with short markets' working hours, pay for absolutely everything including toilets in supermarkets and pizza box for take out, drink cheap hungarian wine and play table-football! :)

• Intro Updated Dec 28, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
erikute's Profile Photo

erikute

“Dont make plans - things will not go your way :)”

Ranked Member