"Mondovì" Mondovì by Noel_Leon
Mondovì Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 52 photos
Mondovì is a city of Piedmont, located on the foothills of the Alpes Maritimes marking the limit of Langhe, land of truffles and wines.
It is composed by an upper part, called Piazza, on the hill (559 meters) and a lower part known as Breo (m 395).
To facilitate the connection between the two, a funicular was built in 1880. It worked initially with a water counterbalance, then with steam and finally with electric motor. It was recently restored and re-opened on 2006.
Mondovì was founded in 1198, but its importance grew until in the sixteenth century, when it become the most populous city in Piedmont.
The urban structure is based on a medieval configuration enriched of Baroque architecture of the sixteenth and seventeenth century.
Piazza Maggiore, in Mondovì Piazza, is the place where you most feel the former glory of this city. Among the buildings... more travel advice
The Cathedral of San Donato is a baroque masterpiece by architect Francesco Gallo particularly known for the nearby... more travel advice
Noel_Leon's Related Pages
Mondovì Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mondovì
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mondovì?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mondovì
Photos in MondovìSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Yekaterinburg Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Naples Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Volgograd Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mozia Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Mondovì Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Lahore Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marsala Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Kolomna Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lagonegro Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Belgium Intro, 1 review, 3 photos