"People Don't Take Trips...Trips Take People..." Kuzuzangpola's Profile

About Me

Greetings VT World...I have always been a traveler at heart, but it wasn't until I was in my early 20's that I actually began to understand what travel was all about. It is really where my story begins - I began leading adventure camping tours for foreign travelers all over North America in 1996, and from the moment I first hit the road, the experience of travel has been a necessity in my life. I spent 2 summers crossing the country, taking guests to National Parks, big cities, tourist attractions, and most dear to my heart, those out of the way places that aren't on the grid. I realized one day, while looking out from Muley Point in Utah, that my job had become my passion, and that was an amazing feeling. Throughout the years to follow I drifted away from the travel industry, and worked in hotels in Montana, Vermont, and New York. From 2004 to 2009 I was extremely fortunate to find myself back in the field, working as a Tour Manager, overseeing walking and hiking tours in Asia and on the West Coast of the US. Until 2006, I had never ventured outside of North America, but that April I found myself landing in Bangkok, Thailand, which would be my stepping off point for a 10 day journey into Bhutan. As we landed in Paro, the plane fell completely silent, except for the gentle sound of flute music playing over the intercom. I can't put the feeling into words, but that moment further reaffirmed that travel is in my blood. I am now back in the hotel industry, and find myself every day thinking about the wonderful world of travel, and how it has affected my life. I hope to take many more trips, and continue to find new places and experiences. Kuzuzangpola...

• Intro Written Mar 5, 2012

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Kuzuzangpola's Profile Photo

Kuzuzangpola

“People don't take trips...Trips take People”

Ranked Member