"Student, Traveler, Reality TV Show Junkie" laash's Profile

Australia...coming up!

Aussie bound the day after Christmas! I figured since I'm graduating college in May, this is my last guaranteed extended break off from life; I might as well take advantage of it. Who knows what I'll be doing next summer? I definitely don't.

I'm meeting my friend from my semester abroad in England in the San Francisco airport and we're flying to Sydney together. We're meeting up with our other friends from our semester abroad. We haven't seen them since June 2008 so we're all really looking forward to the reunion. I still can't believe it's happening! I don't think I've ever been more excited for a trip before. I'm also pretty scared of the trans-Pacific flight, however, which is odd since I've traveled on long plane rides many, many times.

Anyway, we're still working out the details but it looks like it's gonna be a good time. We land in Sydney, then we're gonna go up to Katoomba/Blue Mountains for a night, and then return to Sydney for New Years Eve festivities. We're gonna camp out all day to see the fireworks over the Harbour. It's like Times Square NYE except better because it's summer and HOT. Haha, really looking forward to it!

We're also going to see Wollongong and Canberra before making it up more north to Byron Bay and Brisbane/GC. After that, we head to Airlie Beach to catch the Solway Lass for a sailing trip around the Whitsundays. I cannot wait!! From there, we fly back to Brisbane for a night, then Sydney for a night, and then back home.

This is gonna be good.

• Intro Updated Dec 13, 2009

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
laash's Profile Photo

laash

“Talk to anyone and everyone, your life will be richer for it!”

Real Name