"History and Nature close to Home" Kuchen by Kimi_the_Bear
Kuchen Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 95 photos
There are few places where I have been as often as here. The reason is simple: Mama loves the old Workers Estate of SBI (Süddeutsche Baumwolle Industrie = South German Cotton Industry), a former spinning and weaving mill, so much that she cycles here all the time. And when I say: all the time, I mean it - because it is only about two kilometres from Gingen/Fils where my grandparents live, and Mama's hometown. We have stayed there during our holiday in Germany.
This Workers' Estate (Arbeiterwohnsiedlung) has been restored and renovated in a beautiful way. On the photo above you see me in front of the former Bath House, later: Festival Hall. Today it is used as a kindergarten. Mama knows everything about this place. So if you want more information than you find on my page you should have a look at her Kuchen page. Remember, she is VT member Kakapo2.
There are also beautiful places in the surroundings of Kuchen which is located in the Fils valley. Those animals you see on the photo are on the territory of Gingen but the easiest way to get there is to get to SBI first and from there walk up the hill into the forest. The mountain's name is Schafenberg.
It is hugely interesting up there, especially for a playful and fun-loving bear like me.
As you might expect information about ice-cream from me: Yes, you can get ice-cream near the Workers' Estate. There is a Neukauf supermarket where you can get everything you need, including a lot of sweet treats :-)
Kimi_the_Bear's Related Pages
Kuchen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Romantic Look into the not so Romantic Past of SBI"
- "History and Nature close to Home"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuchen
- 0 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kuchen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuchen
Photos in KuchenSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Southland 125 photos, 17 travelogues
- Ulm Intro, 109 photos, 15 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 86 photos, 14 travelogues
- Gingen an der Fils Intro, 85 photos, 12 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Alsace Intro, 1 review, 78 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lyttelton Intro, 76 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 74 photos, 10 travelogues
- Wellington Intro, 70 photos, 10 travelogues