"A Town full of Horses" Cambridge by Kimi_the_Bear
Cambridge Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos
Cambridge is a delightful country town of about 16,000 people in the Waikato region. It has a few lovely historic buildings, old English trees, an enjoyable domain with a lake, and is famous for its thoroughbred horses. Beside Matamata, it is New Zealand's horse breeding capital, and many famous horses were born and bred in the region.
Even when you drive along SH 1, you will see a lot of horses grazing in the paddocks along the road.
There is even a horse walk of fame in Victoria Street. And as I am a starter, I have taken my first horse-riding lessons on these quiet animals near Town Hall. I wonder if they are the right size for me???
As Lake Karapiro is nearby, Cambridge is also the base of New Zealand rowing. So when they say Cambridge is the city of trees and champions, with champions they do not only mean horses but also famous rowers like Rob Waddell and Mahé Drysdale.
- Pros:Just a lovely little town
- Cons:No con - I just like it
- In a nutshell:Always worth a visit
Kimi_the_Bear's Related Pages
Cambridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cambridge, Town of Trees"
- "My Cambridge Page."
- "Quaint Cambridge"
- "A Town full of Horses"
- "Cambridge Superloo Shocker"
- See All...
- Hotels in Cambridge
- Nightlife in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Shopping in Cambridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambridge
- 0 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Cambridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambridge
Photos in CambridgeSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Southland 125 photos, 17 travelogues
- Ulm Intro, 109 photos, 15 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 86 photos, 14 travelogues
- Gingen an der Fils Intro, 85 photos, 12 travelogues
- Alsace Intro, 1 review, 78 photos, 10 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lyttelton Intro, 76 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 74 photos, 10 travelogues
- Wellington Intro, 70 photos, 10 travelogues