"The highest Peaks and the bluest Lakes" Mount Cook National Park by Kimi_the_Bear
Mount Cook National Park Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 154 photos
This is a page about the beauty of Canterbury's High Country, with Mt. Cook National Park, Lake Pukaki and Lake Tekapo in the centre.
Lake Pukaki is the lake you see in front of Mt. Cook if you travel on SH 8.
It is as turquoise blue as Lake Tekapo in the warm seasons, and dark blue in winter. Rock silt carried down by rivers from glacier ice during the snow melt tints those lakes in those magic colours. In summer the lakes are bordered by introduced and now wildly spreading colourful Russell lupins.
I have been there many times, especially at Lake Tekapo because this is closer to home, and we sometimes go there just for the day. We have been hiking and cycling, sitting in the hot pools at Lake Tekapo, made a scenic flight over the whole region with Air Safaris, admired the braided riverbeds, glaciers (including the West Coast glaciers Fox and Franz Josef), floating icebergs of Tasman Lake and Mt. Cook, New Zealands highest peak with 3754 metres, from the air. This is the most magic thing you can do. Let's just hope that the sun shines for you when you are about.
- Pros:Magic colours, magic peaks, magic lakes, magic glaciers
- Cons:The only bad thing that can happen is bad weather, and you see nothing at all
- In a nutshell:Just MAGIC!!!!!!
Kimi_the_Bear's Related Pages
Mount Cook National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highest Peaks, Glaciers, Lakes and Icebergs"
- "Not sick of mountains? Then visit Mt Cook!"
- "~ Mount Cook ~"
- "Mount Cook"
- "Mount Cook National Park!"
- "Aoraki Mt Cook - Now you see it! Now you don't!"
- "Ball Pass, Mt Cook."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Cook National Park
- Hotels in Mount Cook National Park
- Transportation in Mount Cook National Park
- Restaurants in Mount Cook National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Cook National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Cook National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Mount Cook National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Cook National Park
Photos in Mount Cook National ParkSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Southland 125 photos, 17 travelogues
- Ulm Intro, 109 photos, 15 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 86 photos, 14 travelogues
- Gingen an der Fils Intro, 85 photos, 12 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Alsace Intro, 1 review, 78 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lyttelton Intro, 76 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 74 photos, 10 travelogues
- Wellington Intro, 70 photos, 10 travelogues