"Not Far from Buck T4" West Yellowstone by wise23girl
West Yellowstone Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 238 photos
Wisedancer and his Canadian mate here in Australia were always dreaming of a visit to what I thought was a place of imagination. "Big Sky" they said "Buck T 4" that is where we want to go.
So we arrive in West Yellowstone on our Wild West Tour (described elsewhere) and the detective here realized if this magical place "where they serve the best steaks in the whole world" really existed we must be close.
But it took me too long to track it down...it was out in the 'wilds' but how to get there...a tricky road...night was falling...and we left with the tour in the morning.
Apparently it was in snow country. They had a few details wrong they did ....but the place did exist ..and we were close!
"Beginning as a hunting lodge in 1946, Buck’s T-4 eventually grew into one of Southwest Montana’s favorite roadhouses. Buck and Helen Knight opened the business with a philosophy of home-cooked food and genuine, friendly service. The Lazy T-4 brand
became synonymous with friends, food and fun in the Gallatin Canyon. Mike Scholz purchased the lodge from the Knights in 1972, and kept that philosophy interwoven in his business as he expanded the property to become Buck’s T-4 Lodge."
Click here if you want to know more.
wise23girl's Related Pages
West Yellowstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEXT DOOR TO YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK"
- "A Gateway to Yellowstone National Park"
- "Fly-in Park Entrance"
- "Grizzly Discovery Center"
- "Yellowstone National Park:"
- "Flying In"
- "One Gate Airport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in West Yellowstone
- Hotels in West Yellowstone
- Transportation in West Yellowstone
- Nightlife in West Yellowstone
- Restaurants in West Yellowstone
- Shopping in West Yellowstone
- Warnings and Dangers in West Yellowstone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Yellowstone
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to West Yellowstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Yellowstone
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 163 reviews, 336 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 53 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairns Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos
Latest West Yellowstone hotel reviews
- Brandin Iron Inn
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort West Yellowstone
- 283 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Moose Creek Cabins and Inn
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Dude And Roundup Motel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Yellowstone Park Inn and Suites
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 22, 2012
- Clubhouse Inn West Yellowstone
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2013
- Al's Westward Ho Motel
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- WorldMark West Yellowstone
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 18, 2013
- Stage Coach Inn
- 177 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Best Western Desert Inn
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Hibernation Station
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- The Historic Madison Hotel
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2012
- Comfort Inn West Yellowstone
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Lazy G Motel
- 173 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Yellowstone Park Hotel
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013