"Queensland the Place to Be" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland by wise23girl
State of Queensland Travel Guide: 8,368 reviews and 21,107 photos
Queensland is said to be a land of beaches, tropical rainforests, and silent deserts....and is straddled by The Tropic of Capricorn
To know us is to love us... Read about Our Mottos and Slogans..... and for all things Australian visit The_Downunder_Mob
The card photo above might give you some idea of distance and relative size*.(Permission given by Philip Rowley Aug. 2009 for me to photograph on VT and use his card)
Queensland is pretty BIG I reckon
How big is Queensland then?
"Queensland has a land area of 1,727,200 sq km
The British Isles has a land area of 243,694 sq km
About 7.1 times
Some ideas for your trip to Queensland
While planning PLEASE KEEP DISTANCE IN MIND:
Paronella Park, near Mena Creek is a "must do "experience in far Nth Queensland so I am told.
Fraser Island a beautiful paradise ...world's largest sand island. Hervey Bay area on location map. Trips from Brisbane and Noosa. Maybe you can still find a horse riding adventure to Fraser. We have been to Fraser.
Australia Zoo... wild life action and adventure in Beerwah 1 hour from Brisbane
Dale's Awesome Performing Alexandrines (Parrots) Glasshouse Mts 1 hour from Brisbane%F*
Click here and scroll to see my tip.
Whale watching at Hervey Bay near Maryborough
Wide Bay Bundy Thunder
Guurrbi Indigenous Tours Cooktown Nth Qld
Australian Bushmans Hall of Fame and Qantas Founders Museum Longreach and not far to Winton out door cinema and dinosaurs, and Boulia (Min Min Lights)...I love Winton (old picture theatre outdoors almost ).. and the Camel Races at Boulia... All Qld Outback
Brisbane River Adventures (once I fell in the river at Lone Pine )
Gold and Sunshine Beaches and Hinterlands ...see my Maroochydoreand Buderim pages....and more.
Great Barrier Reef and Whitsundays.
Birdsville Outback Races yep!
Camel Races (well Boulia is the one I know ) Outback
Special Alert.... For a bit of fun and excitement follow my mystery tour of small towns ...sstart here...
We had one in the corridor and David caught it and took it to the paddock. Two used to live in the old truck. One was shy but the other stayed so we could admire "him".
One day our housekeeper lifted a cushion in the lounge and a baby carpet was curled up sleeping there.
We do live in an old farmhouse.
This maggie was friendly. They all would be friendly if they had no memories of humans chasing them.
When we lived in Esk Qld a magpie called "Maggie" used to come visit. He had a clipped wing. He would come into the kitchen for a bit of meat and leave a dropping in return.(Must be responsible if you feed wild birds!)
Another magpie in Esk hated me. I wore a horrible bright shift (purple and pink) and he would wait in the Bunya nut trees and chase me. I had to take an umbrella to use the thunder box (outside loo, no flush .yuk!).
- Pros:Lots of Sunshine and pleasant weather
- Cons:Long distances to travel.
- In a nutshell:The Place To Be
This is not a review as such so please do not rate here....just follow the link to my Brisbane review... The Boondall... more travel advice
So if you are travelling around the countryside away from the maddening crowd you might try cooking in a camp oven.... more travel advice
- See All Places a bit different to stay
- See All A Wine Trail In Somerset Valley.
- See All Cash in Hand...Using ATMs
- See All Treasury Casino and Hotel
- See All Mind the Level Crossings
wise23girl's Related Pages
State of Queensland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queensland the Place to Be"
- "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
- "The Sunshine State"
- "Queensland's little secret - The Sunshine Coast"
- "The State of Queensland"
- "AMBERLEY AIR SHOW 2008"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Queensland
- Hotels in State of Queensland
- Transportation in State of Queensland
- Nightlife in State of Queensland
- Restaurants in State of Queensland
- Shopping in State of Queensland
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Queensland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Queensland
- 520 Reviews
- 1,498 Photos
- 256 Forum posts
- 57 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Queensland
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Cairns Big Downunder Pre Meet..."
- Commented on one of wise23girl's State of Queensland travel pages
- Wrote a Review Out in the sticks at Boondall in State of Queensland Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Out in the sticks at Boondall"
- updated a State of Queensland Travel Page "Queensland the Place to Be"
- Commented on the State of Queensland travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos