"Queensland the Place to Be" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland by wise23girl

State of Queensland Travel Guide: 8,382 reviews and 21,161 photos

Look at this page. It is a BEAUT!!

Queensland is said to be a land of beaches, tropical rainforests, and silent deserts....and is straddled by The Tropic of Capricorn

To know us is to love us... Read about Our Mottos and Slogans..... and for all things Australian visit The_Downunder_Mob

The card photo above might give you some idea of distance and relative size*.(Permission given by Philip Rowley Aug. 2009 for me to photograph on VT and use his card)
...........................................................................................................................
Queensland is pretty BIG I reckon

How big is Queensland then?

"Queensland has a land area of 1,727,200 sq km
The British Isles has a land area of 243,694 sq km
About 7.1 times

Some ideas for your trip to Queensland

While planning PLEASE KEEP DISTANCE IN MIND:

Paronella Park, near Mena Creek is a "must do "experience in far Nth Queensland so I am told.

Fraser Island a beautiful paradise ...world's largest sand island. Hervey Bay area on location map. Trips from Brisbane and Noosa. Maybe you can still find a horse riding adventure to Fraser. We have been to Fraser.

Australia Zoo... wild life action and adventure in Beerwah 1 hour from Brisbane

Dale's Awesome Performing Alexandrines (Parrots) Glasshouse Mts 1 hour from Brisbane%F*
Click here and scroll to see my tip.

Whale watching at Hervey Bay near Maryborough

Wide Bay Bundy Thunder

Guurrbi Indigenous Tours Cooktown Nth Qld

Australian Bushmans Hall of Fame and Qantas Founders Museum Longreach and not far to Winton out door cinema and dinosaurs, and Boulia (Min Min Lights)...I love Winton (old picture theatre outdoors almost ).. and the Camel Races at Boulia... All Qld Outback

Brisbane River Adventures
(once I fell in the river at Lone Pine )

Gold and Sunshine Beaches and Hinterlands ...see my Maroochydoreand Buderim pages....and more.

Great Barrier Reef and Whitsundays.

Birdsville Outback Races yep!

Camel Races (well Boulia is the one I know ) Outback

Special Alert.... For a bit of fun and excitement follow my mystery tour of small towns ...sstart here...

We have carpet snakes on brooms

We had one in the corridor and David caught it and took it to the paddock. Two used to live in the old truck. One was shy but the other stayed so we could admire "him".
One day our housekeeper lifted a cushion in the lounge and a baby carpet was curled up sleeping there.

We do live in an old farmhouse.

We have magpies on soccer balls

This maggie was friendly. They all would be friendly if they had no memories of humans chasing them.
When we lived in Esk Qld a magpie called "Maggie" used to come visit. He had a clipped wing. He would come into the kitchen for a bit of meat and leave a dropping in return.(Must be responsible if you feed wild birds!)

Another magpie in Esk hated me. I wore a horrible bright shift (purple and pink) and he would wait in the Bunya nut trees and chase me. I had to take an umbrella to use the thunder box (outside loo, no flush .yuk!).

• Pros:Lots of Sunshine and pleasant weather
  • Cons:Long distances to travel.
  • In a nutshell:The Place To Be
  • Last visit to State of Queensland: Jan 2013
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2013

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM

A fascinating collection of Favourites! I’m glad they saved the bats at Mount Etna and the trees at Palm Cove.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Good tips and hope people understand about the Brisbane Ranges...

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Did you see in MAG forum that VT are going to try to fix that...both Australia2 and pedroswift have also said it needs fixing. And we hope for a Sunshine Coast page

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
      Feb 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Now that will be fabulous..here's hoping because it sure needs affixing..

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You have also been adding more Things to Do tips to this page. I get the impression that Queensland is very big and varied state (not that I had any doubts about that).

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yes, I remember reading that one. That's where they play chamber music on Sunday mornings.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Yes that was it...we go to Canberra next week to see my son and meet wabat...the following week end another exploratory get away...probably Lismore and the little towns around in the hills....
      Marg

May 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Me again, coming back to read your new and updated Local Custom tips since last December. I'm glad to know I am not the only one who has trouble eating mangos without making a mess.

• Eliza2321's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

This is a fantastic page...and full of surprises

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Also you have updated most or all of your Off the Beaten Path tips. It's good advice to call ahead and confirm the times before driving a long way and being disappointed.

• Anniko's Profile Photo
      Apr 5, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Great page! (from a fellow-Queenslander) Makes one realize just how much we have in our own backyard!

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Glad you enjoyed the page and welcome to VT.

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I see you have also updated all your Things to Do tips since last March. Good work!

Dec 16, 2012 at 5:16 AM

I see you have updated all your Local Customs tips since I last looked at this page. A fascinating collection!

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM

What a jolly series of tips these 'warnings and dangers' are, Marg!
    But unfortunately very necessary, and I learned a few things as well - didn't realise that frangipani sap was nasty stuff.
    Regards
    Cathy

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I started to wonder if I was being too macabre but wanted to bollster up the tips for QLD...I had some good website photos of the Hendra virus etc but was not allowed to keep them so now I have to source out some other photos.

Did you know that honey can be poison too if bees feed off one particular poison plant but I forget which plant.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM

an interesting page about an area I could not explore yet ! And thats a great intro-picture showing the relations between the continents !

wise23girl Lives Here!

wise23girl

“We are Dancing People”

Badges & Stats in State of Queensland

• 1,507 Photos

Have you been to State of Queensland?

Latest Activity in State of Queensland