"White cubic houses...mostly blue shutters" Mykonos by wise23girl

Mykonos Travel Guide: 430 reviews and 1,018 photos

And to confuse the pirates...

...the streets were laid out in a labyrinth ...narrow...a chapel on every corner....hop out of the road...here comes a bicycle ...a delivery cart...a car...now more shops selling shiny scarves (yes I bought one or three).. and watches and some beautiful earrings ...restaurants with gorgeous Greek food and this drink...I must find the name...it is alcoholic and goes cloudy when water is added Yes, I think the drink is OYZA..

Then on the esplanade a cafe that sold us some very very rich dessert.....not a good idea..

And lots of cats...

The rich and famous were here

Eerie to walk the streets and know that, besides the ancient mythical Greek Gods, Jackie Kennedy was here...and Marie Callas...and Aristotle Onassis. But he owned another island as well. All those days just memories..
So if these famous figures are not known to you check recent history...20th century.

An artist on the foreshore

She took our eye and then we were talking in a cafe....look at the photo...help me please if you know her name.

She has lived here for a long time and only leaves when the weather is too cold.

Somehow I think she is successful and well known.

For details of our cruise see Seabourn Odyssey....but come sail with us now to
Rhodes

• Pros:An artist delights us
  • Cons:They smoke in the cafes
  • In a nutshell:Appolo and twin sister Artemis were born nearby on Delos
  • Last visit to Mykonos: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2012

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

still hope to get here one day.....

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Having lots of fun following you on your cruise! We did a similar cruise last spring -- it was only 12 nights and it ended way too soon!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Drink is Ouzo - tastes like Anise. Nice with coke :o) Lovey pix as always Margy :o) xx

wise23girl

“We are Dancing People”

Badges & Stats in Mykonos

Have you been to Mykonos?