"Lytham/St Annes in Lancashire" Lytham by wise23girl
Lytham Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 72 photos
Actually my grandfather and great grandfather both named John I..... were gamekeepers for the Squires Clifton and my Mother was born in the Gate House of Lytham Hall where they lived.
Some of my relatives were named for the Clifton family...Violet, Talbot....will have to more research when I arrive home in case there are more(2009)..
All my life I thought of Lytham St Annes as the place I most wanted to visit and I did for the first time in 1982 and subsequently a number of times in the last few years.
Fortunately some of my cousins still live in the surrounds and on my first visit I met my Aunt Rose before she died.
Well how wonderful that a lady from Preston also called Margaret offered to arrange a meet for my visit to Lancashirein 2009. (I was not a VTer when I was here before)
And where did she finally choose? St Annes by the Sea. Perfect. "Wise23girl comes North"...what an honour.
Will return whenever I can to Lytham/St Annes.
Lytham is my favourite town in Lancashire. I go with my Cousin every time I am there and we always go upstairs to this little coffee shop, grab the best table and sit, warm and cosy, looking down on the street below.
The only odd thing is the name of the coffee shop "Carabic" and palm trees? Must be some history to that ?
And across the road is a beautiful gift shop where some years ago I found an ornament of Lytham Windmill which I gave to my sister in Australia who has named her home "Lytham".
I usually buy a dress too...either at Poppy or Stringers.
And I always thought it would be a treat to stay in the Clifton Arms Hotel.
In 2011 Kara (Dara5) and I are installed in this lovely old hotel. for 3 days...lucky us
- Pros:Family History
- Cons:Not visiting often enough
- In a nutshell:My Dear Cousins live in this part of England
You will need to visit my Lytham page to see the history relative to the Cliftons and my family. Well I have not... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Lytham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lytham, St Annes and Fairhaven Lake."
- "Lytham/St Annes in Lancashire"
- "A WINDMILL, A GREAT SEA VIEW AND A NICE SEASIDE"
- "Lytham St Annes, Lancashire"
- "Lytham is for Family"
- "A Royal VT Get Together."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lytham
- 3 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Lytham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lytham
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 163 reviews, 336 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 53 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairns Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos