"Dancing in Killarney" Killarney by wise23girl
Killarney Travel Guide: 275 reviews and 600 photos
We have been to Killarney a number of times in the last few years ,five of them to join in with the Gleneagle ballroom dancing week.(2011) .The hotel has a number of special "get aways" usually twice a year in the "shoulder period" so you get a really good price.
We were told about the Ballroom Dancing by an Irish friend who lives here in Australia and has been going to Killarney for this particular event for many years. Our Australian contingent has become quite famous and we were even on national TV.
Every day there are ballroom dancing lessons from beginner to advanced all included in the price. At night there is dancing and one night is a real gala event with all the dancers dressed up in black ties and glamorous gowns.By the way there is live music...stuff that makes you want to dance.
There is no sequence dancing so anyone can get up and just do a "cuddle" dance as well.
We have marvellous dancing teachers...George and Kay Devlin from Bray. They lend both class and excitement to the event.
This year David (Wisedancer) was Mr Quickstep, winning the event with friend Lyn(Bridget21). Where was I? Well I had my moment of glory demonstrating tango with a competition dancer a couple of days later.
Do you see who is also there? Go to top of the class if you have spied the VAs
In 2011 AussieBarney was there for the first time...wanted to learn to waltz.
The first year we hired a people mover and travelled across country from Dublin. Since then we have travelled by train from Dublin to Killarney. You leave from Heuston station and change at Mallow.
The train is often quite full and next time we are going to book first class if the money holds out .
The hotel bus awaits our arrival to transport us to the hotel.And there are taxis.
Of course Shannon airport and hire cars are not far away.
There are lots of things to do. First there are the jaunting car rides. I love the clip clop of the horses hooves as they go by.You will always find them waiting for you on the edge of town.
The Ring of Kerry is well worth your time...just pick a fine day to enjoy the views.Arrange your tour at the Gleneagle.
Pop into town and you will find quaint shops and good Irish fare.
You can always while away the time sipping an Irish coffee.
We enjoy walking into town, meeting the locals . There are many tours available
Look here for County Kerry
And for Dublin Fair City just click
- Pros:You can see Ireland at its best
- Cons:The winter weather I am told is very bitter.
- In a nutshell:This is Ireland
Please look under transportation to find out about our fabulous jaunting car rides in Killarney. You will find them on... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Killarney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There's More to Killarney Than Lakes"
- "The Emerald Isle"
- "tvdm's Kool Kerry and Killarney page"
- "Killarney and the Ring of Kerry"
- "My favourite place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Killarney
- Hotels in Killarney
- Transportation in Killarney
- Nightlife in Killarney
- Restaurants in Killarney
- Shopping in Killarney
- Warnings and Dangers in Killarney
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Killarney
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Killarney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Killarney
Photos in KillarneySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 329 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 35 reviews, 133 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (74)
Latest Killarney hotel reviews
- Castlerosse Hotel Killarney
- 301 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Killarney Park Hotel
- 524 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Killarney Heights Hotel
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Holiday Inn Killarney
- 252 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Brehon Hotel Killarney
- 780 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Gleneagle Hotel
- 586 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 20, 2013
- Glena House Killarney
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Lake Hotel
- 802 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Killarney Royal Hotel
- 477 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 20, 2013
- Dunloe Castle Hotel Killarney
- 272 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Killarney Towers Hotel
- 291 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Earls Court House
- 389 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre Killarney
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
- 684 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- The Malton
- 706 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 20, 2013