Maroochydore Local Custom Tips by wise23girl Top 5 Page for this destination
Maroochydore Local Customs: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Only the senior ones are dressed for the season
Through the eyes of my Irish (soon to be Australian) friend I offer the following;
We go to bed early ...well many restaurants serve meals 6pm to 8pm so that supports this theory.
The streets are quiet very early in the night (This is not King's Cross Sydney)
We do not dress for the weather." In Ireland we like to be comfortable" says Bill. Well I am often rugged up but the young things are in beach gear. But even I run out into the rain without a raincoat or brolly. And at dances how do some of us survive in flimsy gowns when there is no central heating.
At the local dances supper is a "must".
We are very strict with dogs. Certainly not easy going like Canada where dogs can be checked into some hotels or Athens where they sleep in the streets. My dog wandered off the farm and before you could say "Jack Robinson" someone called the pound. And my dog is friendly and had a dog tag to boot! Signs to say "No dogs allowed" are everywhere and there are letters of complaint to the editor of the local rag all the time.
Yes there are exceptions of course.
More Reviews (52)
- See All Nude for Breakfast
- See All Rovera at Cotton Tree
- See All Visit The Wharf Complex
- See All The Younger ones go there
- Maroochy River Trail
- See All Visit Cotton Tree Markets
- See All Leather shoes...jackets...handbags
- $A10,000 meal for 6
- Churches can be like ATMs
- See All Mosquitoes and Sandflies
- Getting Around the Sunshine Coast.
- Mind The Sun and the Jellyfish and Rips
wise23girl's Related Pages
Maroochydore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia"
- "MAROOCHYDORE & MOOLOOLABA"
- "Sweetberry's Maroochydore Page"
- "SUNSHINE COAST"
- "A great place to base yourself"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maroochydore
- Hotels in Maroochydore
- Transportation in Maroochydore
- Nightlife in Maroochydore
- Restaurants in Maroochydore
- Shopping in Maroochydore
- Warnings and Dangers in Maroochydore
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Maroochydore
- 53 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Maroochydore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maroochydore
Photos in MaroochydoreSee All Photos (140)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 163 reviews, 336 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 53 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairns Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos
Latest Maroochydore hotel reviews
- Heritage Motor Inn
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Beach Front Towers
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2013
- Paradis Pacifique Holiday Apartments
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Nov 29, 2011
- Palmer Coolum Resort
- 310 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- The Sebel Maroochydore
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Sundeck Gardens
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Catalina Resort
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Rovera Apartments Cotton Tree
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Majorca Isle Beachside Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Cottontree Backpackers
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013