Maroochydore Off The Beaten Path Tips by wise23girl Top 5 Page for this destination
Maroochydore Off The Beaten Path: 7 reviews and 21 photos
It is off the beaten track because you may never find this place without me. Hidden away in an arcade at Cotton Tree not far from Maroochydore CBD is The Cotton Tree Barber
Just look at the Barbers Pole and the decor. Smashing.
Well I do not know about his hair cutting skills...but they line up for him.
King Street, Cotton Tree
He is open Sunday morning anyway.
Phone: +61 7 5443 6651
First of all Cotton Tree is a delightful little spot...coffee shops...a tea shop and then an array of clothes stores to tempt you.
But on Sunday morning come along to the Markets. The main street is closed off and everyone is sitting around enjoying breakfast or else strolling around the market stalls.
Well if you enjoy going on the op shop trail there are quite a few about. You will see a couple as you drive along Aerodrome Road .
But there are a couple hidden away.
The Maroochy RSL is in 1st Revenue...use your GPS and right close by is Bloomhills...quite a good one to visit.
Fancy a bit of a drive...head to Woombye
Another more secret place for op shops is Buderim...two quite close. to each other.
Buderim Tram 1920 Original
Presently being restored is the Krauss locomotive that pulled the Buderim tram mentioned in an earlier tip. The first tram ran in 1914 and the last in 1935.
It is presently hidden away on private property while restoration is completed. If you are an engine buff contact me to help arrange a viewing.
Restoration is now complete (May 2010) I will update this tip when engine is moved to its new location on Buderim Mountain.
Two photos belong to David. .
The other is from the website and the photo shows the present restoration 2009 which is on the family property.
You can find this charming walk hidden away between Buderim and Forest Glen. The track is built on the right -of-way of the tramway as it descends through the rainforest to the base of Buderim Mountain. Major highways now block the rest of the original track to Palmwoods.
The journey of the walk is 1600m return.
In its heyday, 1914 to 1935 the tram ( pulled by a Krauss locomotive ) brought visitors from Brisbane via Palmwoods to Buderim Mountain.
To find the walk first locate Mons Road , Buderim then note where Mons Road joins Telco Road.
You can walk from Buderim township (not too far) or park your car near the beginning of the walk.
Another tip tells a little about the Krauss.
More Reviews (49)
- See All Its the Gypsy in Me
- See All Rovera at Cotton Tree
- See All Visit The Wharf Complex
- See All The Younger ones go there
- Maroochy River Trail
- See All Leather shoes...jackets...handbags
wise23girl's Related Pages
Maroochydore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia"
- "MAROOCHYDORE & MOOLOOLABA"
- "Sweetberry's Maroochydore Page"
- "SUNSHINE COAST"
- "A great place to base yourself"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maroochydore
- Hotels in Maroochydore
- Transportation in Maroochydore
- Nightlife in Maroochydore
- Restaurants in Maroochydore
- Shopping in Maroochydore
- Warnings and Dangers in Maroochydore
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kuala Terengganu
- Parma Hotels
- Albuquerque Hotels
- Siliserh Lake Hotels
- Ban Pak Bara Hotels
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Maroochydore
- 54 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Maroochydore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maroochydore
Photos in MaroochydoreSee All Photos (143)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 329 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 35 reviews, 133 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
Latest Maroochydore hotel reviews
- Palmer Coolum Resort
- 352 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Heritage Motor Inn
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Rovera Apartments Cotton Tree
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2013
- Beach Front Towers
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2013
- Cottontree Backpackers
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Majorca Isle Beachside Resort
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013