Maroochydore Off The Beaten Path Tips by wise23girl Top 5 Page for this destination
Maroochydore Off The Beaten Path: 7 reviews and 21 photos
It is off the beaten track because you may never find this place without me. Hidden away in an arcade at Cotton Tree not far from Maroochydore CBD is The Cotton Tree Barber
Just look at the Barbers Pole and the decor. Smashing.
Well I do not know about his hair cutting skills...but they line up for him.
King Street, Cotton Tree
He is open Sunday morning anyway.
Phone: +61 7 5443 6651
First of all Cotton Tree is a delightful little spot...coffee shops...a tea shop and then an array of clothes stores to tempt you.
But on Sunday morning come along to the Markets. The main street is closed off and everyone is sitting around enjoying breakfast or else strolling around the market stalls.
Well if you enjoy going on the op shop trail there are quite a few about. You will see a couple as you drive along Aerodrome Road .
But there are a couple hidden away.
The Maroochy RSL is in 1st Revenue...use your GPS and right close by is Bloomhills...quite a good one to visit.
Fancy a bit of a drive...head to Woombye
Another more secret place for op shops is Buderim...two quite close. to each other.
Buderim Tram 1920 Original
Presently being restored is the Krauss locomotive that pulled the Buderim tram mentioned in an earlier tip. The first tram ran in 1914 and the last in 1935.
It is presently hidden away on private property while restoration is completed. If you are an engine buff contact me to help arrange a viewing.
Restoration is now complete (May 2010) I will update this tip when engine is moved to its new location on Buderim Mountain.
Two photos belong to David. .
The other is from the website and the photo shows the present restoration 2009 which is on the family property.
You can find this charming walk hidden away between Buderim and Forest Glen. The track is built on the right -of-way of the tramway as it descends through the rainforest to the base of Buderim Mountain. Major highways now block the rest of the original track to Palmwoods.
The journey of the walk is 1600m return.
In its heyday, 1914 to 1935 the tram ( pulled by a Krauss locomotive ) brought visitors from Brisbane via Palmwoods to Buderim Mountain.
To find the walk first locate Mons Road , Buderim then note where Mons Road joins Telco Road.
You can walk from Buderim township (not too far) or park your car near the beginning of the walk.
Another tip tells a little about the Krauss.
More Reviews (48)
- See All Nude for Breakfast
- See All Rovera at Cotton Tree
- See All Visit The Wharf Complex
- See All The Younger ones go there
- Maroochy River Trail
- See All Leather shoes...jackets...handbags
wise23girl's Related Pages
Maroochydore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia"
- "MAROOCHYDORE & MOOLOOLABA"
- "Sweetberry's Maroochydore Page"
- "SUNSHINE COAST"
- "A great place to base yourself"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maroochydore
- Hotels in Maroochydore
- Transportation in Maroochydore
- Nightlife in Maroochydore
- Restaurants in Maroochydore
- Shopping in Maroochydore
- Warnings and Dangers in Maroochydore
- See All...
Explore the World
- Godagama Hotels
- Henchir Hamrouni Chebika Hotels
- Juja Hotels
- Nancy Lake State Recreation Area Hotels
- Michigan City
- New Jersey Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (State of) Off The Beaten Path
- Nicaragua Off The Beaten Path
- Poulsbo Off The Beaten Path
- Cameron Highlands Off The Beaten Path
- Boca Raton Off The Beaten Path
- Atlantic City Off The Beaten Path
- Nevada Off The Beaten Path
- Northern Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- East Coast Park
- Guadalajara Off The Beaten Path
- Niagara Falls Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Maroochydore
- 53 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Maroochydore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maroochydore
Photos in MaroochydoreSee All Photos (140)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 163 reviews, 336 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 53 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairns Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Latest Maroochydore hotel reviews
- Heritage Motor Inn
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Beach Front Towers
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2013
- Paradis Pacifique Holiday Apartments
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Nov 29, 2011
- Palmer Coolum Resort
- 310 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Sundeck Gardens
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- The Sebel Maroochydore
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Catalina Resort
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Rovera Apartments Cotton Tree
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Majorca Isle Beachside Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Cottontree Backpackers
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013