"Maroochydore...black swan country" Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore by wise23girl
Maroochydore Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 232 photos
Special Breaking News....2014...We have a Sunshine Coast Travel Page...well we did but there was a technical difficulty and now we do not....what a shame....
So Maroochydore will have to stay as MY Sunshine Coast page
THE SUNSHINE COAST DOES EXIST
Well first we are the Sunshine Coast and I am hoping VT will soon be able to add our title into the data base. To call this whole area Maroochydore does not apply now. Sunshine Coast takes in the whole strip from Caloundra to Noosa and really the hinterlands too. Tourism Queensland and the State Government all acknowledge this.
We actually live on beautiful Buderim Mountain overlooking the coast and Maroochydore in particular.
These tips probably concentrate on , Cotton Tree, Maroochydore, Buderim, and the Hinterland
For fun a good location is Mooloolaba which is right on the surfing beach and has many places to eat and some really good boutiques. A bit further around is Cotton Tree and there is a tea shop there ,a really good eating spot called"Envy". These days I am getting to like Nude ...one little section hidden away in Rovera Adcade and there is the Harvest Bakery where 'Sister' used to be. There area few more cafe as well now so you have some choices. Luckily there is an internet cafe along the esplanade at Cotton Tree.
If you want to stay somewhere a bit away from the beachfront there is Buderim which looks over the beaches and is not a real tourist area. We live "on Buderim" If you like lovely food there is a "tea house" Le Baroque .There are many nice shops and lots of hairdressers.You can find a computer place if you look hard. The computer shop on Buderim sells sweets!
Lots of folk love Noosa but we do not get there often.There are many beautiful spots between us and Noosa. The Noosa beach is lovely but Hasting Street shops have gone 'cheapo'...except the hat shop and the cafe we tried.Go to Noosa Junction for some little shops.
Scattered around the Sunshine Coast ,held on different days of the week, are many varied markets. (see shopping tips)
You might like some 'info' on the weather
Look here to find The Tourist Information Centre
There are many attractions around the Sunshine Coast such as Australia Zoo which is world famous. There are the Glasshouse Mountains a little way away and the Hinterland with its little towns of Maleny, Kennilwoth, Montville, Flaxton and Mapleton. For o virtual tour of these towns start here
There is a pub right on the corner of Mapleton and Obi Obi Roads with views++ On Wednesdays and week end the Eumundi markets have heaps to offer. There are buses and tours to the Markets.
There are beautiful views to the sea and some charming walks through rain forest around the hinterland.
Of course there are the beaches form Caloundra to Noosa. In Mooloolaba there is the famous "loo with a view"
which means the toilets are situated in a great spot on the beachfront....and are free. No 'bathrooms' here...LOL...but there are showers if you must wash the salt water off.
There are many places along the river to water ski or fish if you prefer.
We have a number of RSL clubs which welcome visitors. There is free entertainment, meals, dancing, and "poker machines." Nambour, Maroochydore and Caloundra are the ones I know .
For a very interesting 12k walk up Coolum way follow this link for details.
For a day trip 'off the beaten track' Read about Taromeo Camp Ovens
There are flights into Brisbane and direct to Sunshine Coast(not international). From Brisbane airport there is a regular bus shuttle service. A train service will take you to various inland towns such as Nambour where there are connecting buses.
There are buses around the Sunshine Coast and one day it is planned to provide rail to the beaches.
To me it is tricky to get about here unless you have a car but this is not my main area of knowledge. Some holiday resorts would provide transport. There are of course a number of day tours available. To get from Brisbane airport by train means changing trains as though an airtrain goes direct to Gold Coast(south) there is no direct airtrain this way ie the Sunshine Coast(north). If you go to Brisbane Central and change to a train to Sunshine Coast with a connection bus at this end you are probably better off than trying to hop on and off at in between stations where you might find one of 'our trains'..
- Pros:Beautifull beaches and great weather. Hinterland to explore.
- Cons:Places a bit far away . Transport could be better. Take care our sun will burn you . Watch the top of your feet if you wear open shoes.
- In a nutshell:The best place in the world to live....Sunshine Coast
My friend, VT member thripence, was mad keen to take me to her recent find along Bradman Avenue. I have a strong... more travel advice
Well this is not so easy to answer....depends on you and what you love.......the Sunshine Coast stretches from Caloundra... more travel advice
- See All Rovera at Cotton Tree
- See All The Younger ones go there
- Maroochy River Trail
- See All Visit Cotton Tree Markets
- See All Leather shoes...jackets...handbags
wise23girl's Related Pages
Maroochydore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maroochydore...black swan country"
- "MAROOCHYDORE & MOOLOOLABA"
- "Sweetberry's Maroochydore Page"
- "SUNSHINE COAST"
- "A great place to base yourself"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maroochydore
- Hotels in Maroochydore
- Transportation in Maroochydore
- Nightlife in Maroochydore
- Restaurants in Maroochydore
- Shopping in Maroochydore
- Warnings and Dangers in Maroochydore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maroochydore
- 57 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Maroochydore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maroochydore
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Just sharing my excitement :o)"
- updated a Maroochydore Travel Page "Maroochydore...black swan country"
- Commented on one of wise23girl's Maroochydore tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "where you actually see the river"
- Wrote a Review where you actually see the river in Maroochydore Restaurants
Photos in MaroochydoreSee All Photos (156)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 59 reviews, 200 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 57 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Forster Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue