"Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore by wise23girl
Maroochydore Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 218 photos
THE SUNSHINE COAST DOES EXIST
Well first we are the Sunshine Coast and I am hoping VT will soon add our title into the data base. To call this whole area Maroochydore does not apply now. Sunshine Coast takes in the whole strip from Caloundra to Noosa and really the hinterlands too. Tourism Queensland and the State Government all acknowledge this.
We actually live on beautiful Buderim Mountain overlooking the coast and Maroochydore in particular.
These tips probably concentrate on , Cotton Tree, Maroochydore, Buderim, and the Hinterland
For fun a good location is Mooloolaba which is right on the surfing beach and has many places to eat and some really good boutiques. A bit further around is Cotton Tree and there is a tea shop there ,a really good eating spot called"Envy". These days I am getting to like Nude ...one little section hidden away in Rovera Adcade and there is the Harvest Bakery where 'Sister' used to be. There area few more cafe as well now so you have some choices. Luckily there is an internet cafe along the esplanade at Cotton Tree.
If you want to stay somewhere a bit away from the beachfront there is Buderim which looks over the beaches and is not a real tourist area. We live "on Buderim" If you like lovely food there is a "tea house" Le Baroque .There are many nice shops and lots of hairdressers.You can find a computer place if you look hard. The computer shop on Buderim sells sweets!
Lots of folk love Noosa but we do not get there often.There are many beautiful spots between us and Noosa. The Noosa beach is lovely but Hasting Street shops have gone 'cheapo'...except the hat shop and the cafe we tried.Go to Noosa Junction for some little shops.
Scattered around the Sunshine Coast ,held on different days of the week, are many varied markets. (see shopping tips)
You might like some 'info' on the weather
Look here to find The Tourist Information Centre
There are many attractions around the Sunshine Coast such as Australia Zoo which is world famous. There are the Glasshouse Mountains a little way away and the Hinterland with its little towns of Maleny, Kennilwoth, Montville, Flaxton and Mapleton. For o virtual tour of these towns start here
There is a pub right on the corner of Mapleton and Obi Obi Roads with views++ On Wednesdays and week end the Eumundi markets have heaps to offer. There are buses and tours to the Markets.
There are beautiful views to the sea and some charming walks through rain forest around the hinterland.
Of course there are the beaches form Caloundra to Noosa. In Mooloolaba there is the famous "loo with a view"
which means the toilets are situated in a great spot on the beachfront....and are free. No 'bathrooms' here...LOL...but there are showers if you must wash the salt water off.
There are many places along the river to water ski or fish if you prefer.
We have a number of RSL clubs which welcome visitors. There is free entertainment, meals, dancing, and "poker machines." Nambour, Maroochydore and Caloundra are the ones I know .
For a very interesting 12k walk up Coolum way follow this link for details.
For a day trip 'off the beaten track' Read about Taromeo Camp Ovens
There are flights into Brisbane and direct to Sunshine Coast(not international). From Brisbane airport there is a regular bus shuttle service. A train service will take you to various inland towns such as Nambour where there are connecting buses.
There are buses around the Sunshine Coast and one day it is planned to provide rail to the beaches.
To me it is tricky to get about here unless you have a car but this is not my main area of knowledge. Some holiday resorts would provide transport. There are of course a number of day tours available. To get from Brisbane airport by train means changing trains as though an airtrain goes direct to Gold Coast(south) there is no direct airtrain this way ie the Sunshine Coast(north). If you go to Brisbane Central and change to a train to Sunshine Coast with a connection bus at this end you are probably better off than trying to hop on and off at in between stations where you might find one of 'our trains'..
- Pros:Beautifull beaches and great weather. Hinterland to explore.
- Cons:Places a bit far away . Transport could be better. Take care our sun will burn you . Watch the top of your feet if you wear open shoes.
- In a nutshell:The best place in the world to live....Sunshine Coast
This little place is handy as there are tables out the front on the footpath....and this is where the Sunday Markets are... more travel advice
So the complex is a little run down IMO but there are some fun things to do even so. Would you like a meal at the... more travel advice
- See All The Younger ones go there
- Maroochy River Trail
- See All Visit Cotton Tree Markets
- See All Leather shoes...jackets...handbags
- $A10,000 meal for 6
wise23girl's Related Pages
Maroochydore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia"
- "MAROOCHYDORE & MOOLOOLABA"
- "Sweetberry's Maroochydore Page"
- "SUNSHINE COAST"
- "A great place to base yourself"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maroochydore
- Hotels in Maroochydore
- Transportation in Maroochydore
- Nightlife in Maroochydore
- Restaurants in Maroochydore
- Shopping in Maroochydore
- Warnings and Dangers in Maroochydore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maroochydore
- 53 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Maroochydore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maroochydore
Photos in MaroochydoreSee All Photos (140)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 163 reviews, 335 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 53 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairns Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos
Latest Maroochydore hotel reviews
- Heritage Motor Inn
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Beach Front Towers
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2013
- Paradis Pacifique Holiday Apartments
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Nov 29, 2011
- Palmer Coolum Resort
- 309 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Sundeck Gardens
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- The Sebel Maroochydore
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Catalina Resort
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Rovera Apartments Cotton Tree
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Majorca Isle Beachside Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Cottontree Backpackers
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013