"Aratula Always a Stop" Aratula by wise23girl
Aratula Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
I could make a safe bet to say we would always stop at Aratula when heading towards Warwick. There are of course a few places to enjoy a coffee and a snack but it is the Fruit barn that is the main attraction. No different this time and guess what before you could say "Jack Robinson" we were eating watermelon.
Please do not ask me why we say "Jack Robinson"
There is a quite interesting antique shop so you have more than watermelon to stop for...
One special thing about the Aratula fruit and vegetables is that much of it is local or from not too far away. The potatoes probably come from near by Gatton and the stone fruit from the Darling Downs...just up the range. The produce has not come from foreign countries or been frozen and/or sprayed.
Eat the fruit of the farm in season
Just a bit north on your way to Warwick along the Cunningham Highway you will see signs pointing to The National Trail.
There are National Parks and a few places to pull over and rest.
Be careful of your ears...They might POP on the way down. In 2012 there is quite a bit of road repair and any time there have been landslips this will be the case. Sometimes you will be held up with heavy transport vehicles.
"Does the road lead up hill all the way? Yes to the very end" Well not quite true that is more the Toowoomba Range road but up to Warwick is a good climb.
Well now we have rested at Aratula we continue on The Cunningham Highway to Warwick.
Toowoomba, Warwick,and Stanthorpe are well known 'Darling Downs' towns....Grapes are grown around here and there are wineries and all that jazz. But we are off to the Elvis Festival on our virtual tour and no time to loiter.
All you can do in Warwick (well I do now in 2013) is buy some petrol and go to the" loo" because I do not have a page on Warwick....Sorry... You will have joined The New England Highway by then and be on your way to Wallangarra the border town and more surprises. Do stop a while and find out about the "troop transfers" in World War 2.
So press the magic button and you will be in Wallangarra
- In a nutshell:Buy your fruit here
wise23girl's Related Pages
Aratula Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Aratula
- Restaurants in Aratula
- Warnings and Dangers in Aratula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aratula
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Aratula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aratula
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 57 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 56 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue