"Armidale ...and me" Armidale by wise23girl

Armidale Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 144 photos

Study Days and A Chill in the air

Armidale a beautiful city on undulating hills...trees ...flowers....heritage buildings...a university...beautiful parklands what more could you want? Maybe to be just a little bit warmer in summer?

One of my early memories is driving home from Bourke (of back'o'Bourke fame) one summer when the temperature in Bourke was about 44 degrees celsius...in other words very very HOT... to camp over night in Armidale and literally freeze. It was so cold we all huddled together and wrapped ourselves in newspaper!

Even in 2012...in January... the wind is chilly and even in the comfort of the motel I have my jacket and slippers on as I type. Sometimes there are hailstorms here so if the sky looks green beware!

And many year ago I came here for "summer school" when I was studying. Ha...it was a cold summer school . And I learnt about 'unisex bathrooms' for the first time in my life when a hairy arm found its way into my shower cubicle and a male voice asked if I wanted some soap.

Heritage Buildings

It is worth a stroll around to see the heritage buildings of Armidale. Armidale is a University City and is home to a large number of educational establishments.. It also has large retail base...with three shopping malls and many businesses.

The Virtual Tour from Buderim to Parkes

So you are still with me? Well enjoy Armidale. We stayed here overnight on our return journey.

We will now head for Tamworth where we have a motel booked in the CBD...bit risky around Festival time not to have a booking.

.............................................................................................................................
Let's Go
So now we leave the beautiful Armidale and soon head down the Range to Tamworth. Mind yourself on the road.

• Pros:Heritage buildings
  • Cons:Always a chill in the air
  • In a nutshell:University city
  • Last visit to Armidale: Jan 2012
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM

A nice looking town . . .

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
      Feb 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Armidale is beautiful and a university city and where I discovered the concept of unisex.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Haha... loved the childhood memories mate!! :o) Yes!! Armidale is damned fa floggin' cold hey!! lol. xx

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2012 at 3:23 PM

a great page that reminds me to build my own one ! ;-)

wise23girl Visits Here Frequently!

wise23girl

“We are Dancing People”

Badges & Stats in Armidale

Have you been to Armidale?

Latest Activity in Armidale