"Coolah Loves Easter Country Music" Coolah by wise23girl
Coolah Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 74 photos
Just up the road a piece ,maybe 30 K, for the last 25 years at Easter Time Hartwood Camp Fires and Country Music Festival brings prosperity to Coolah.
Now it is almost all in the one main street...everything that is. And on one corner there is a sort of place that sells plants and shrubs and now has quite a respectable coffee shop. Oh NO! GONE now...what a shame...
What I did enjoy was the almost old fashioned main store where you could buy clothes and hardware and grog and ....well everything.
Last time they had streamlined it a bit...pity. But we will be there in 2012 so I will report back.
Well it has to be 'off the beaten track' as it is between Gunnedah and Dunedoo.
Have you heard of Dubbo where 4 major roads cross ?...Well from Dunedoo you can drive to Dubbo.
Well anyway Coolah is in New South Wales Australia. look for the Golden Highway "Your Inland Adventure Trail"... Just find a map then and do a bit of exploring...but not in the heat of summer.
There is heaps more in this district which I will follow up at Easter...so stay tuned.
But you can look here in the mean time.
Coolah is Black Stump Country and if you are interested in this story read more here
Coolah is the original location from where the phrase "beyond the black stump" was coined. You’ll find a roadside rest area featuring a black stump on the Gunnedah road, just outside of town.
Coolah is also the gateway to Coolah Tops National Park, one of the best kept secrets in New South Wales. The Park is home to rare flora and fauna and contains some outstanding botanical features such as giant grass trees and snow gums.
- In a nutshell:A lot to find...but you need to stop
Along The Golden Highway in N.S.W Australia. Follow this main link to read all about this wonderful Easter activity at... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Coolah Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Coolah
- Hotels in Coolah
- Restaurants in Coolah
- Warnings and Dangers in Coolah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coolah
- 3 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Coolah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coolah
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- updated a Coolah Travelogue "Hartwood Camp Fires and Country Music 2012"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hartwood 2013 photos"
- Commented on one of wise23girl's Coolah tips
- Wrote a Review Camp Fires and Country Music in Coolah Things to Do
Photos in CoolahSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue