"Coolah Loves Easter Country Music" Coolah by wise23girl
Coolah Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 86 photos
Just up the road a piece ,maybe 30 K, for the last 25 years at Easter Time Hartwood Camp Fires and Country Music Festival brings prosperity to Coolah.
Now it is almost all in the one main street...everything that is. And on one corner there is a sort of place that sells plants and shrubs and now has quite a respectable coffee shop. Oh NO! GONE now...what a shame...
What I did enjoy was the almost old fashioned main store where you could buy clothes and hardware and grog and ....well everything.
Last time they had streamlined it a bit...pity. But we will be there in 2012 so I will report back. It is 2014 at the time of this report and Coolah is maybe a little quieter than before BUT I discovered Noni K's giftware and clothing and this is well worth a stop...really....see the review below.
Well it has to be 'off the beaten track' as it is between Gunnedah and Dunedoo.
Have you heard of Dubbo where 4 major roads cross ?...Well from Dunedoo you can drive to Dubbo.
Well anyway Coolah is in New South Wales Australia. look for the Golden Highway "Your Inland Adventure Trail"...and from Dunedoo head north on The Black Stump Highway and before long you will find Coolah. Just find a map then and do a bit of exploring...but not in the heat of summer.....It is hot in summer and cold in winter so Easter is perfect.
There is heaps more in this district which I will follow up one Easter...so stay tuned.
But you can look here in the mean time.
Coolah is Black Stump Country and if you are interested in this story read more here
Coolah is the original location from where the phrase "beyond the black stump" was coined. You’ll find a roadside rest area featuring a black stump on the Gunnedah road, just outside of town.
Coolah is also the gateway to Coolah Tops National Park, one of the best kept secrets in New South Wales. The Park is home to rare flora and fauna and contains some outstanding botanical features such as giant grass trees and snow gums.
- In a nutshell:A lot to find...but you need to stop
Now I just crossed the road to look at the coffee shop offering and I spied Noni's. "This looks nice I thought..Is it... more travel advice
So one of Coolahs little surprises is found at Coolah Tops. You need to visit Coolah Tops National Park to discover an... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Coolah Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Coolah
- Hotels in Coolah
- Restaurants in Coolah
- Shopping in Coolah
- Warnings and Dangers in Coolah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coolah
- 4 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Coolah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coolah
Photos in CoolahSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 57 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 57 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue