"Passing through Coonabarabran" Coonabarabran by wise23girl
Coonabarabran Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 132 photos
But Coonabarabran, a small country town known fondly as "Coona", is much more than a place to pass through ...in fact it is almost criminal to do so...It is known as the Astronomy Capital of Australia...I love all these ways cities and towns chose to describe themselves
To know why this name was chosen you need to visit Siding Spring Observatory. And look upwards...the skies are crystal clear and the area is perfect for stargazing. And while in town do visit "Skywatch".
Bush fires threaten the word famous observatory 2013.
Coonabarabran is the closest town to the Warrumbungle so please follow this link to iandsmith's pages and read his amazing write up......
I just love the name of the shire ..Warrumbungle... it has a special sound to it and somehow you remember the name.
From Buderim, Queensland to Parkes, NSW for the annual Elvis Festival........1000k.
Are we half way yet? Oh yes we are more than half way
So on our way to Coona we drove through Gunnedah and maybe you waited to fill up your petrol tank at Mullaley ((I have a review for this little stop...just a diversion if you care to look)
Well after Coona we join the Newell Highway outside Gilgandra and continue to the Town of the Crossroads...Dubbo.
- Pros:Good Place to stop on your journey
- In a nutshell:Warrumbungle Scenery
wise23girl's Related Pages
Coonabarabran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Once a booming tourist destination"
- ""ASTRONOMY CAPITAL OF AUSTRALIA'"
- "Passing through Coonabarabran"
- "Gateway to the Wurrumbungles"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coonabarabran
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Coonabarabran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coonabarabran
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- Commented on one of wise23girl's Coonabarabran travel pages
- updated a Coonabarabran Travel Page "Passing through Coonabarabran"
- Wrote a Review Search for the best coffee shop in Coonabarabran Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Passing through Coonabarabran"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue