"Rainforests so Beautiful" Top 5 Page for this destination Daintree by wise23girl
Daintree Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 163 photos
Not too far away from Cairns is the beautiful Daintree River, Emmagen Creek, Bloomfield Track, and Cape Tribulation which we visited on our Billy Tea Safari with John our expert guide. And did he look the part...yes he did. And he knew his stuff.
We cruised the river looking for crocodiles, enjoyed a barbecue lunch and crossed the river via the cable ferry.
And we did actually have some Billy Tea and moreover it was given the traditional swing through the air...you will find a photo of us standing back...just in case it all went wrong.
There was also fresh fruit and damper and treacle...a real bush picnic.
Led by John, our guide we followed the walkway into the rainforest. I was intrigued by the trees growing through the boardwalk...holes cut to allow expansion as the trees grow.
Then there was a bit of 'shushing'... a finger to the lips to say quiet...what were they looking at? Then John backtracked along the path....and wonder of wonders there was a cassowary with two chicks. And we have photos. This is quite rare we are told.
So how lucky were we.
We were told the the female cassowary does not mind the chicks and the one we photographed was actually "Dad"
Have a look at my Cairns page under things to do and you will find my tip on Billy Tea Safaris.
- Pros:Gorgeous country
- Cons:A bridge across the river would bring too many visitors at one time
- In a nutshell:Must never be destroyed by man
The Daintree North Queensland This is as much a 'Things To Do' as a restaurant tip but you can choose. Such a delightful... more travel advice
To see a cassowary chick in the wild is a very rare delight. Apparently the Mum leaves the minding to Daddy Cassowary so... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Daintree Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Daintree and PK's Jungle Village"
- "Daintree National Park"
- "Rainforests so Beautiful"
- "Cape Tribulation and the Daintree National Park"
- "The rainforest"
- "Daintree National Park."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daintree
- Hotels in Daintree
- Transportation in Daintree
- Nightlife in Daintree
- Restaurants in Daintree
- Warnings and Dangers in Daintree
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Daintree
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Daintree?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daintree
Photos in DaintreeSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 329 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 35 reviews, 133 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
Latest Daintree hotel reviews
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- 249 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013