"Hello Again Glen Innes" Top 5 Page for this destination Glen Innes by wise23girl

Glen Innes Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 193 photos

A Really Charming Town to Visit

Well I lived here for a little while as a tiny baby so my memories are of more recent times on our journeys through on our way to Tamworth or even Parkes or maybe Sydney..Of course most times we are travelling to Hartwood Camp Fires and Country Music Easter weekend.

From Glen Innes ( where the New England Highway and the Gwydir Highway meet) you can travel over to Grafton or in the opposite direction towards Moree and on to Lightning Ridge which you can read about on my profile page where we dance in the mine shaft..

There is a great selection of motels to accommodate you...the pubs offer accommodation as well.

History is here

As you drive into town you will notice signs leading to an historic drive...you will find an impressive old style Town Hall...Churches and the interesting vine covered building as my main photo....a few old pubs of course!

The Glen Innes district has been a producer of wool, sheep and beef cattle since it was first settled. Sapphires are still mined and tin but tin is no longer commercial. Saw milling was once a major industry.

The information centre staff are ready and waiting to help with any questions you may have.

My Virtual Tour

If you want to find the Virtual Tour again I can take you toArmidale

• Pros:Charming town
  • In a nutshell:Crisp winters
  • Last visit to Glen Innes: Apr 2012
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Yes, it does look like a charming town.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
      Apr 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Thanks for the visit....Glen Innes is very 'English" in feel...in the middle of summer you can be quite cold....The tablelands are one of my favourite Australian places.

wise23girl Used To Live Here!

wise23girl

“We are Dancing People”

Badges & Stats in Glen Innes

Have you been to Glen Innes?

Latest Activity in Glen Innes