"Hello Again Glen Innes" Top 5 Page for this destination Glen Innes by wise23girl
Glen Innes Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 193 photos
Well I lived here for a little while as a tiny baby so my memories are of more recent times on our journeys through on our way to Tamworth or even Parkes or maybe Sydney..Of course most times we are travelling to Hartwood Camp Fires and Country Music Easter weekend.
From Glen Innes ( where the New England Highway and the Gwydir Highway meet) you can travel over to Grafton or in the opposite direction towards Moree and on to Lightning Ridge which you can read about on my profile page where we dance in the mine shaft..
There is a great selection of motels to accommodate you...the pubs offer accommodation as well.
As you drive into town you will notice signs leading to an historic drive...you will find an impressive old style Town Hall...Churches and the interesting vine covered building as my main photo....a few old pubs of course!
The Glen Innes district has been a producer of wool, sheep and beef cattle since it was first settled. Sapphires are still mined and tin but tin is no longer commercial. Saw milling was once a major industry.
The information centre staff are ready and waiting to help with any questions you may have.
If you want to find the Virtual Tour again I can take you toArmidale
- Pros:Charming town
- In a nutshell:Crisp winters
We were lucky to score the last available room and one with easy parking. And there was a heater thank goodness. The... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Glen Innes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CELTIC COUNTRY"
- "some great architecture & more !"
- "The Celtic Connection"
- "Hello Again Glen Innes"
- "GLEN INNES...NEW ENGLAND N.S.W."
- "Beautiful Glen Innes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glen Innes
- Hotels in Glen Innes
- Transportation in Glen Innes
- Restaurants in Glen Innes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glen Innes
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Glen Innes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glen Innes
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos