"Gundy in other words Goondiwindi" Top 5 Page for this destination Goondiwindi by wise23girl
Goondiwindi Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 69 photos
It is very easy to find your way around the CBD...Everything is close. There are heaps of motels in the centre of town...and The TownHouse restaurant which is THE restaurant. There are fashion shops...a news agency...and a cinema.
And 'Gundy' is a border town...Queensland and New South Wales meet here.At one time this was a check point. The customs house from that era is now a museum.
The most famous resident of Goondiwindi was Gunsynd, a Thoroughbred race horse known as "The Goondiwindi Grey...look for the statue when in town.
The Newell, Leichhardt, Gore, Cunningham, Barwon and Bruxner Highways all merge at Goondiwindi or close by..
The twin town of Boggabilla is nearby, on the New South Wales side of the border. Most of the area surrounding the town is farmland.
The name Goondiwindi derives from an Aboriginal word meaning "the resting place of the birds...and you would not think it but Gundy can flood being situated on the MacIntyre River.
Goondiwindi is a centre for agriculture, producing a diverse range of crops and fibres including wool and beef, cotton, sorghum, corn, wheat, barley, and chickpeas. Average annual rainfall for this region is 525 millimetres (20.7 inches).Goondiwindi is well known for its dry season but still manages to produce many crops.
We left before breakfast ...not much open in Gundy town that early so we headed for Inglewood where we enjoyed scrambled eggs and bake beans in the 'Elvis cafe'.
I was sorry to miss the fashion shop' Aitches' though...some nice clothes there.
- In a nutshell:I think it would be a nice place to live...feels that way.
You are in Queensland, Australia Much of the time the clothes sold in the country towns do not excite me but I knew of'... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Goondiwindi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HOME OF THE GOONDIWINDI GREY"
- "Sweetberry's Goondiwindi Page"
- "Gundy in other words Goondiwindi"
- "GOONDAWINDI..BORDER TOWN..QUEENSLAND ..NSW.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goondiwindi
- Hotels in Goondiwindi
- Restaurants in Goondiwindi
- Shopping in Goondiwindi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goondiwindi
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Goondiwindi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goondiwindi
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- updated a Goondiwindi Travel Page "Gundy in other words Goondiwindi"
- Wrote a Review Fashion clothes in Goondiwindi Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gundy in other words Goondiwindi"
- Commented on one of thegreynomad's Goondiwindi travel pages
Photos in GoondiwindiSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue