"Lamb and Potatoes at Guyra" Guyra by wise23girl
Guyra Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 15 photos
Guyra is on the way for us...on the way to Tamworth one very hot year for The Country Music festival,,,On the way in 2012 for The Parkes Elvis festival...and on the way every couple of Years to Hartwood Camp Fires and Country Music.
Situated 1,330 metres above sea level Guyra is one of the highest towns in Australia.
But it is in January that Guyra brings out the lamb and potatoes... and one year we stopped and enjoyed a delicious meal. The park is in the centre of town so you will not miss it...right on the highway actually. Pull well over in your vehicle or drive around to the town side.
If you are around this way at the Tamworth Music Festival in January it is worth the trip north from Tamworth to sample the 'tucker'
Guyra being so high up is known to be very cold in winter. Be careful of fog in the cold months. Quite a hazard when driving.
Guyra is known for fine wool and prime lambs, beef cattle, potatoes, and tomatoes and in more recent times an angora rabbit breeding establishment where there was once a large regional abattoir.
Yes we are on our way from Buderim in Queensland to Parkes in NSW for the annual Elvis festival. We will travel over 2,000k there and back, on five major hgihway ,through many towns with two overnight stops each way. Even with two stops we miss many places od interest but we have a farm to come back to and crops to harvest.
So now will we have to bypass charming Glen Innes as at the time of writing I did not have have a VT page ready. But now I do
So we head for the beautiful University Town of Armidale
- Pros:Trees in the park
- Cons:Fog in winter
- In a nutshell:Top of the Range
Well you can combine both activities in this interesting place with the 'Coffee shop' sign outside the door. Just a... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Guyra Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Guyra
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Guyra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guyra
Photos in GuyraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue