"The Longest name in Queensland" Kaimkillenbun by wise23girl
Kaimkillenbun Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
We were staying in Bell...a little way down the road and took an afternoon drive to this very small little town that is said to have the longest name in Queensland....Kaimkillenbun
Kaimkillenbun is located 24 km from Dalby, on the way to the Bunya Mountains. The surrounding area had a population of approx 300.
This is such a small town just seems an idea to look at Dalby district.
The local area is developing an energy-based economy with a large coal-fired power station and a number of coal mines and natural gas bores being established to the west of Dalby. A local company has been awarded a contract to establish wind turbines on adjacent farm land. Wheat, cotton and sorghum are grown. Livestock raising including pigs, cattle and sheep is also popular. Two cotton gins are situated within 10 kilometres (6 miles) of Dalby.
Kaimkillenbun itself has a couple of 'claims to fame'. It was the setting for the Nicole Kidman movie" Chase Through the Night" and also the birthplace of Olympic basketballer John Dorge.
But surprise surprise it is on the VT data base and wonder of wonders I might be the first to write it up and gain a pioneer badge...so excuse the padding please
Now I am not typing this word "Kaimkillenbun" over and over ...it is the old copy and paste trick.
To learn more of this town look up the web site....
Well all we can do now is take a virtual jump outback way. Maybe you would like to head back to Landsborough on the Sunshine Coast where we began and sort out....or even back to Brisbane the capital? your choice....
You have a choice you can go back to where we started or you can be adventourous....
Landsborough and civilization....
or lets go to Boulia...real outback....
So maybe we take a virtual leap or it will take us a couple of days at least to make Boulia and there is lots to keep you busy on the way if you go in reality.
- In a nutshell:The Queensland town with the longest name.
wise23girl's Related Pages
Kaimkillenbun Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kaimkillenbun
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Kaimkillenbun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaimkillenbun
Photos in KaimkillenbunSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 59 reviews, 200 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 57 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Forster Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue