"The Town of the Great Horse Ride" Kilkivan by wise23girl
Kilkivan Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 4 photos
How exciting it is...this annual horse ride. I longed to take part but I was getting older and in the true sense not all that experienced and my little 3/4 Arab mare could be a bit frisky ....so
But in 2011 there was no ride
"Due to the potential risk of the spread of the Hendra Virus the
2011 Kilkivan Great Horse Ride has been CANCELLED.
The committee is disappointed the Horse Ride can't run but have the best interest of Riders, Horses, Property owners & the general public at heart.
The 2012 Kilkivan Great Horse Ride will be 31 March 2012. "
What actually happens is that over 1,000 horses and riders start from five points around Kilkivan and travel 20 ? 30 km along parts of the National Trail to Kilkivan for the Grand Parade down the main street...you can imagine how exciting this all is.
Oh nearly forgot I must tell you where Kilkivan is:
"Kilkivan is the northern gateway to the South Burnett. It's located on the Wide Bay Highway approximately 286 kilometres north-west of Brisbane (or 259km if you take the Burnett Highway from Nanango to Goomeri) and 53 kilometres from Gympie"
Yes and I forgot to come back but I will...I am racking my brains so I can tell you about the little shops...there was an antique shop....and the streets are wide....and they are waiting for you to call in.
And of course there is a pub...another to add to our list of Queensland pubs to visit.
Why on earth don't I keep a diary like tropicrd...Have a look what she does...
Bit of a trick to decide...
you might have to get a map to the next place but I have chosen...... .............Esk...where my children were born
...have a look at the blue hills....This is a bit of a longer drive. Better have lunch...it is 2 or 3 hours to Esk
If you have just joined the tour and want to go back to the beginning follow this link to Landsborough... You are only a couple of hours away from Brisbane in Kilkivan... so not too far out. You could even head back there to catch your plane.
- In a nutshell:A little place not to miss.
On the BIcentennial National Trail. I have actually been on part of this trail in my horse riding days. The Kilkivan... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Kilkivan Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kilkivan
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Kilkivan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kilkivan
Photos in KilkivanSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 59 reviews, 200 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 57 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Forster Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue