"Maleny...at the top of the range" Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny by wise23girl
Maleny Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 160 photos
Maleny is situated about 1½ hours north of Brisbane in the Sunshine Coast hinterland on the southern end of the Blackall Range. Noted for its beautiful lush surroundings and spectacular views of the Glasshouse Mountains, Maleny is also a magnet to artists of all kinds who are inspired by the unhurried lifestyle the area offers.
It is a town we visit for that special trip. There are some delightful eating places...one even sells Cornish pasties. And everyone loves Mary Cairncross Park.
In my horse riding days I often drove through Maleny on my way to Charlie Moreland Park.
You can actually do a complete round trip.....great drive...through Kenilworth and up the Obi Obi Road or continue on to Eumundi and to the Bruce Highway.
It was a sad day for Maleny when a giant supermarket chain decided it must establish a store at Maleny. They built right on the creek whwere the platypus had their home. No amount of public outcry stopped them. Many of the locals will not put foot in this store but it was said to me by an employee of the chain "We do not worry about the locals...in the longer term they will shop with us. we can wait"
Enlarge the photo to see the sign
It is delightful to see the lovely trees still in the main street
Are you on the Mystery Tour of small towns and local pubs.... did you love Maleny...did you find the Irish pub? our next town is Kenilworth the bush behind the beach
- Pros:Still so green with fresh air to surround you.
- In a nutshell:Unhurried lifestyle
You are visiting the beautiful Sunshine Coast ....north of the capital, Brisbane, and you stumble on our slightly... more travel advice
Gardner's Falls, Maleny, Queensland...photo courtesy web-site A lovely little spot to picnic or swim is found on the... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Maleny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maleny...at the top of the range"
- "GREEN, GREEN FIELDS OF MALENY!"
- "Maleny - a mountain retreat"
- "Maleny, The Gateway To Glass House Mountains"
- "Maleny- a town that is different"
- "Memories of Beautiful Melaney"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maleny
- Hotels in Maleny
- Restaurants in Maleny
- Shopping in Maleny
- Warnings and Dangers in Maleny
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maleny
- 16 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Maleny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maleny
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- Commented on one of wise23girl's Maleny tips
- Wrote a Review Find France on the Hinterland....well a little bit in Maleny Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Find France on the Hinterland....well a little bit"
- updated a Maleny Travel Page "Maleny...at the top of the range"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue