"Mooloolaba...just come as you are" Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba by wise23girl
Mooloolaba Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 396 photos
Some towns are almost as one
Mooloolaba, Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, and Cotton Tree
All these beautiful places are next door to each other and are part of Sunshine Coast so it is difficult to decide where to put tips.
So please go to my Maroochydore page as well as reading here to find additional information.
Look here to find The Tourist Information Centre
Of the towns I mentioned Mooloolaba would be the one that is most attractive for tourists in that the shops all cluster along the esplanade and you can enjoy a drink and sit watch the world go by...or dash across for a surf.
The Mooloolaba Surf Club is very handy or you can visit the Irish pub...O'Malleys.
Mooloolaba derives from the Aboriginal word mulu, meaning snapper fish, or mulla meaning Red-bellied Black Snake. Originally known as Mooloolah Heads, the name was changed to Mooloolaba by Thomas O'Connor in 1919 when he subdivided land for sale there
Cotton Tree is nice in a lesser way....not as much variety shopping wise but it does have a market on Sunday morning .There are good places to eat but no view of the surf. The esplanade along the river is very pleasant with lots of space, green grass, and trees.There is a community swimming pool across the road from the shops. You could walk around to Maroochydore in about 15 minutes.
It would OK to stay at Alexandra Headlands...there is a surf club but it is quieter people wise ...you have to cross a busy road from the beach to the shops... and likewise from accommodation to the surf. It would not be my first choice. You could walk to Mooloolaba in about 15 minutes.
Maroochydore has a surf club but the club is sort of out of the way. There is the Sunshine Plaza for major shopping...a very nice complex...the other shops are a bit scattered about. Maroochybdore is a much bigger centre than the others mentioned...There is an RSL club at Maroochydore...bone fide visitors welcome for meals, entertainment and, poker(gaming) machines
Now this tip (review)A Scenic Drive to Dunethin Rock is on Yandina Travel page but is just as 'doable' from this end
If you are reading this and you would love to go on a small town and /or pub crawl...it starts close by but goodness knows where you will end up! It is a mystery
For a day trip 'off the beaten track' Read about Taromeo Camp Ovens
NB There is also this great website What is Happening on Sunshine Coast....updated regularly
Mooloolaba was the place to be for The Aussie Meet 2012.See the travelogues below...heaps of photos.
- Cons:Parking getting tricky now
- In a nutshell:The place to be
For an amazing day while you are holidaying in Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia do make your way to the... more travel advice
Well this Yogurt World naturally addictive fun place is new here in Mooloolaba....maybe you have seen heaps of these 'do... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Mooloolaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mooloolaba...just come as you are"
- "No longer the surfers' well kept secret"
- "Happy days in Mooloolaba."
- "Central Sunshine Coast - Mooloolaba"
- "Home is Paradise"
- "Endless Ocean Vistas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mooloolaba
- Hotels in Mooloolaba
- Nightlife in Mooloolaba
- Restaurants in Mooloolaba
- Shopping in Mooloolaba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mooloolaba
- 36 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Mooloolaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mooloolaba
Photos in MooloolabaSee All Photos (140)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 57 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 57 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue